Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Passo Tonale Info Required Please...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello!

I am looking to book a last minute holiday leaving this weekend... And not surprisingly the options are limited!
There are 3 of us going - two intermediate/advanced skiers and one beginner.
Any help on the following would be appreciated.

We have sourced a week in Passo Torale – Italy, and are just looking for any information about the resort - types of runs available?
Ski school/Ski hire, are we best to get from an operator or hire when we get there?
Also any information on the apres ski? Good bars to go to - ones to avoid?
Are there any other resorts we can visit?
And any other information you can think of.
Thanks in advance.

Mary
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi mary great resort, snowsure its v high. Lots of skiing, try the run to ponte de ligno, v easy blue and no-one else on it..ponte de ligno worth a look around - we brought trainers with us in backpacks, and left the skis/ boots in the ice rink bar, thye will look after em if u buy a drink. Means u can walk around/visit shops, theres a bus or lift to bring u back to passo, but check the times. Passo itself not a huge amount of nightlife. If u want a really nice meal in beautiful sorroundings, try la mirondalo.

BTW ponte de ligno is the connected village to passo, prices v reasonable for ski gear etc and more shops, prettier town

We just got the hire gear and ski school from rep, no probs

http://www.adamelloski.com/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say you mnight find it a bit limiting if you;re tru;y intermdediate / advanced, although it's an excellent resort for beginners - as it;s based in a mountain pass (as the name suggests) the easier slopes are in the village and the steeper slopes further up. there's only the one black run, that comes down from the presena glacier, while the runs on the glacier itself are often closed during winter to keep the, in reasonable shape for summer skiing. I learnt to ski there 8 or so years ago and was cruising the easier reds by the end of the week
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been twice. Good snow sure resort. Not that challenging, but the runs in Ponte are nice and tree lined. Day trip to Madonna di Campiglio is a must.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi Mary,

I've been there twice too but if you take a look at the webcams (www.adamelloski.com) , you'll see that coverage this year is less than brilliant. If you're truly an advanced skiier, there's nothing really challenging (my GF is a four weeker and managed everything including the blacks down at Ponte di Legno).

At lunchtime, I'd avoid the Magic Bar as it gets far too busy but there's a little place nearly opposite called Il Cantuccio that's very friendly with good snacks and decent beer. I'd also recommend a cafe called Bar Alpi which is just of the main crossroads in the middle of town. It doesn't look much but the food there is absolutley spot-on and very reasonably priced.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all for your feedback, hard decision as there is very little else available!
Might be nice to go and take it fairly for the week though! snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I went last april and would go again, I thougt it was excellent! Small resort but plenty of decent bars and lots of snow.

I would agree with most people's comments about that its better for beginners, as there are a lot of blue runs and only 1 black.

I cant remember the names of the bars we went to (because i must have had a few wink ) But I did like a bar at the top of the resort which alot of the ski instructors and reps started the night in. Also magic bar does get busy but normally has a good party atmosphere!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy