Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klosters vs Davos vs Flims

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear all,
It is great for the BA cabin crew to cancel the strike.
I am going in Feb. All three resorts have good snow currently.
But , I don't know how to choose.
My first choice is Klosters because it looks like more rustic.
Any comment ?
Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've not been to flims, so I can't compare and contrast with there, but I was in Klosters with my boyfriend at New Year, and I would recommend it. In fact, we're going back there in feb for a long weekend. The one thing I would say is if you are looking for doorstep skiing it's not for you. The transport is excellent, but you need to use it a lot as the areas are quite widely dispersed along the valley. Klosters Platz is a really nice village. Davos is more towny but not as ugly as some would have you believe, especially the Davos Platz end.
I preferred klosters out of the two -it’s a large village, not pretentious really – If you scribble down a few more lines about what you need (ie, boarder or skier, beginner or advanced, party animal or old git) maybe I could give you some more specific info?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in Davos to ski and Klosters in the summer. Neither is God's gift to ski towns, but neither is ghastly. Never been to Flims.

I'd guess that most people would prefer Klosters as a place to be, although it does depend on which bit you're in. Platz is the bit to go for, I think; it's pleasanter, livelier and more convenient, form what I could see in the summer. I assume that the road tunnel bypassing Klosters is functioning, so it should be quite peaceful. Davos is bigger, even more spread out and although not at all unpleasant, fairly charmless, depending on exactly where you are. We stayed in Platz, which is probably the pleasanter part but also I suspect the least convenient. Crucially, though, Davos gives quicker access to lots of pistes than Klosters. As robertsnerys says, ski convenience isn't the area's strong suit, although the lift pass gives you use of the train up and down the valley, so you can ski for miles down from Davos, past Klosters to Kublis and so on, have a well earned beer or two and take a train ride back home, which is great. The whole area has a rather old fashioned feel to it, probably the train and the slightly grand hotels on the edges of Davos.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 29-01-07 20:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Haven't stayed in Klosters, but when I was in Davos I skied down there. Both seemed to be okay.

The time I skied in Flims I stayed a couple of miles outside the village, so can't comment too much...other than Flims-Laax has marketed itself to attract park skiers and boarders. There's plenty of "non-park" skiing to be had, but you may find lots of "young dudes" around......slightly different from the perceived view of Klosters!!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks for all your comment.
My wife and I are ski and snowboard beginner.
I stayed in Grindelwald and Zermatt. Both are village style. I can walk to the cable car station from my hotel. That is great to me. I prefer taht kind of thing.
I also stayed at Crans Montana. From what you guys mentioned , I think Klosters is more like Crans Montana which is more modern resort.
I am travelling with my wife and therefore looking for romantic village , fireplace coffee , walking under snow that kind of holidays.
Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am planning a short break and will stay in Swiss for 5 nights. I will land in Zurich. So, close to Zurich is a key point.
I will also visit Bad Ragaz for spa.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
cwyuen, travel from Zermatt airport to Klosters or Davos by train is straightforward; 1 change IIRC. Klosters is more of a village size than Davos, which is definitely a town, but it's not a chocolate box Swiss village, more like a small town. There are obviously places in both from which you can walk to the lifts, but some will be quite a distance, especially in Davos.

Walking under snow could be tricky. I believe that there is a tunnel in the Rhone Glacier somewhere which would allow you to do this. Otherwise, you'll have to make do with a pedstrian underpass, I suppose.

What is the connection between 'wife' and 'romance', BTW? My OL would wonder what the hell I was up to if I suggested something romantic, and would probably run a mile.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy