Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas 2007 Chalet help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All,

I live in South east London in the Uk and am looking to drive to France, with the family and ski Christmas 2007/ New year 2008. There will be 5 Adults, 1 teenager, 1x 3 year old, 1x 2 year old, and a 1 year old. We would be driving there so I have been advised that Les Arcs and La Plagn are good resorts. Within these resorts or what ever you suggest, I would like a self catering chalet and if possible in a village so that the kids can play in the snow. I think a 3 bedroom chalet/villa would be fine.

Do you know where we can hire a chalet/villa from?
Are there any sites for private villa hire that you are aware of?
How long is the drive from England?
What are you thoughts?
What is the snow like at Christmas time?

We would like a resort that would cater for beginners and intermediates.

Thanks for your help in advance,

Danian
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to Snowheads danian,
Quote:

Are there any sites for private villa hire that you are aware of?

try http://www.ernalow.co.uk/.
The drive is about 930 miles from my spot in England, but about 600 miles from Calais.
My thoughts - Are you taking a baby sitter?
The Snow - Xmas is early in the season so a bit more hit and miss.
Lots of suitable places in les Arcs and La Plagne.
Enjoy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try www.ernalow.co.uk and www.mountainheaven.co.uk snowHead

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 29-01-07 14:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
danian, welcome to snowHead try www.peakretreats.co.uk they tend to choose less busy resorts that link with the busier ones.
we spent Christmas 06 in Vaujany near Alpes d'huez. There were 9 of us in a 3 bed aparment, it was a good size with 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets. It took about 8 hrs from calais to Grenoble where we stayed for 1 night then an hour to Vaujany the next day. Vaujany was very pretty but very quiet, no night life to speak of just a few nice restaurants which suited us.
Snow was limited, none in the village at all (the first time for years apparently).
The ski area was good for beginners and intermediates and the ski school was good for us adults and the children. ADH or LDA is probably a good option.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
danian, if you're looking for self-catering I would recommend Vallandry as a resort. Its part of the Les Arcs ski area and has good links to all areas and across to La Plangne as well. Is predominantly self-catered and is a quieter resort so IMHO suitable for famalies, particularly those with young kids.

I would recommend chaletfinder.co.uk as a good starting point, we have also used Grands Alpes Chalets 2 before in Vallandry and they are great spacious chalets although a little pricey. This year used Ski Amis for a good sized 3 bed apt.

For info I've stayed in Vallandry for the last 3 years in self-catering chalets - I've twin boys aged 6 and a daughter 4. We also drove there and took a couple of days, with overnight stop around Dijon. Is an easy drive if you break it up.

The skiing around Vallandry would suit beginners and intermediates - my boys were fine on these runs as was my dad who is 71. There are a few more challenging runs as well if required.

Recommend New Generation or Darentasia for ski schools if required.

Would also recommend the nursery in village (Tom Pouce) for little ones, our daughter was in for 2 trips and loved it.

With regards snow - its a gamble. 2005 Xmas was fantastic, 2006 was skiable to village but not great.

Hope that helps, feel free to send PM if you have any more questions
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy