Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet - Will this work?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got off the phone after what seemed like several hours trying and failing to alter a booking...then had an idea!

Before I submit myself to the cruelty that is Easyjet enquiry line again thought I'd see what you think first.

A group of us are going to Geneva at the end of Feb. Everyone has booked flights independantly
I am driving down with my husband and 9 yr old son and the original plan was for me to drive back and for them to fly back so I booked flights for them.

Now, my husband has got to fly on elsewhere from Geneva which in principle means my son would be flying alone which contravenes Easyjet policy on U14's.

There are other people from our party trvelling on the same flight. I asked Easy jet if they would accept James travelling with the others and they said no because they'd be on different bookings.

How do you think I'll get on if:

I change my husbands name for one of the other passengers and then cancel their original flight?
Will cost me about £50 I think.

Any obvious holes in this idea?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My guess is that should he present himself at the check-in with the group they'll put him on the flight.

If they argue just say he'll be left there unattended.............they ain't going to do that.

I had the same bringing an American minor in the country once; and immigration said she had no right of entry, so I said "fine you keep her"...............................she came through.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just picked up on this.

I`m taking my boys and my godson skiing on Thursday. He`s 11. We are flying Sleazyjet from Luton. His parents (who are not coming) booked him a ticket in his own right.

Are the Sleazyjet minions going to turn him away at check in ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
beetle, if you are as rude in person to them as you are on here then I can only hope they turn you both away.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sleazyjet??? thnx very much - im Easyjet check in staff!!! If its the same surname then we havnt got a problem with kids being on a differnt booking. If it is a different booking and different surname we do checks to make sure you all know each other and that the child is happy that he/she knows hese people. The people in your group would also have to agree to take full responsibility for him/her if anything happened and that if anything did happen to the child then it isnt easyjets fault. Usually we ask the accompanant to confirm his address and/or who booked the ticket without asking the child. I cant gurantee thats what they do at every airport as its a bit of grey area with Easyjets policy. But if you say your just leave them it wont work trust me - the passnger may well just got offloaded from the flight and refused travel - so dont even risk that.

Any more questions please ask! An please dont call us minions again please.....we hate that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Goldytap, welcome to SnowHeads.

snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Goldytap A warm welcome to Snowheads!
Quote:

sleazyjet???

Quote:

minions

I'm sure you've been called a lot worse than that!!! NehNeh Now let me see........ Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
yeah you could say that!!! lol
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Goldytap, Although I use EJ out of convenience I'm afraid I'm sceptical about your explanation above particularly the comment
Quote:

I cant gurantee thats what they do at every airport as its a bit of grey area with Easyjets policy.
which IMO is the whole problem with no-frills carriers - no consistency and no clear communication. However, I admire your sunny outlook and hope none of your customers are rude to you (after all we shouldn't shoot the messenger) Little Angel

BTW my firends and often refer to "f**k right off Jet" or more politely "DifficultJet" Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Goldytap, I haven't had a problem flying with Easyjet, but they have upset me now, as they've withdrawn the flight I use regularly for the summer. There are always loads of people on it, so i can't understand why. MAny NE snowheads are disgruntled, as they were using the flight at the end of APRIL to go to our end of season bash.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I booked my son to come with us on Ryanair at the last minute - therefore his was a sole booking and there were no issues so long as we checked in together
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have travelled a bit in the last few years and found easy no better or worse than any other airline I think most people simply find it annoying that the ticket price is not the last word when it comes to ski's/golf stuff and the weight limit is low, tagged with a fairly high charge for being overweight (the luggage not me, at least thats what I thought they said Embarassed ). Incidentally I found easy significantly easier to do name changes etc with the web site. BA whilst having better weight limits etc refused categorically to change a name admittedly due to a my mistake costing me a complete new ticket, easy would have charged a small flat fee.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Goldytap, Thanks for that - unfortunately it wasn't what I was told by customer services - they jsut basically said no. What I have now done is a name change, taking my husband off the booking and replaced him( snowHead ) with a friend who has already got a seat booked on the same flight so she now has two seats. Tempting though the idea of just winging it at check in is there is no way that I would risk it.

If anyone wants a one way flight GVA - LGW on 4/3 at 9.55am it's yours for the cost of the admin fee and price diff.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy