Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix and Le Vert Hotel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Prior to this year - had always been a little wary of Chamonix - seems to have a reputation like St Anton of being for 'serious' skiers and snowboarders - however am happy to report I have just come back from an amazing holiday there.

A few years back I started to get disillusioned with the French 'mega' resorts and started going to Austria. You stayed in a pretty village - and although its not ski-in/ski-out the town/village atmosphere more than made up for the need to travel a bit more to get. Chamonix was much more like that - but with even more going on in the town - lots of bars/gear shops/restaurants etc.

In terms of skiing - to get the most out of the area it is probably easier to have a car. That way you can get to the area you want to spend the day at quicker than waiting for the bus, unless you're as lucky as we were and have someone to ferry you each day!
We spent a day at each of the following areas - Le Tour (twice), Flegere, Brevant, Grand Montets, Courmayeur and they all had different characters and had plenty of levels of runs for us to play on. Because of the fact that the areas are spread out - I'd advocate a holiday or hotel which include lifts to/from the slopes if possible.
A good selection of pistes - as a boarder often actually looking for red slopes rather than blue - and there were more than enough of those to keep us happy. Slopes were very quiet, combination of time of year and the fact that fresh snow kept alot of experienced people in the off-piste meant that never had any problems with crowds or queues.

Finally - the hotel. This was cracking fun!!! Situated 10 mins walk from the town - however didn't seem to be a problem - walk would stretch the legs and also they ran a shuttle in the evenings. Bar usually had something on every night - best was Australia day on Friday - with wrestling and a hula hoop performance!!!!! Theres also a loungy section and a restaurant. Rooms were basic, but clean with lots of hot water. Was worried about noise from bar - but ended up being so tired each night that it made no difference for me - although it may not be great place for light sleepers. Best part was the atmosphere and attitude of the staff - couldn't always tell if people worked there or were just hanging out - but everyone was friendly and helpful.

All in all - am hooked on the place and will definitely be going back!!!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy