Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arinsal Info Please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Just booked to go to Arinsal 18th Feb. Learnt to ski there a few years ago but just wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good hire shop. I've seen from previous posts that Pic Negre is quite good but can't seem to find anywhere online to book with them. So far i can only see a hire shop that's at the main ski station and as i know it's hell on transfer days i really wanted to get the hire gear sorted on the Sunday night but won't be able to get there as the ski pass doesn't start until the Monday. Any clues anyone or am i being a blonde again!!!

Thanks
Sally
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Sally
There is a hire shop at every turn in Arinsal and it seems to be a standardised price as well.
I think the closing time on the Sunday was 6pm. I went to the Esports Amadeus outlet in the base of the Crest building/hotel and saw Mark, top banana.
for info here is a village map.
http://www.arinsal.com/?m0=0&m1=6&act=build_village_map
Marks shop was about the position of the number 2 on the map, however I am sure most shops willl give an equaly good service
Hope you have a fun time
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
newbie45, thats a bit of a walk for everyone else in the main bit of the village!

Pic Negre are op the gondola at the bottom- ok stuff but were "understandably" giving out rock hoppers at the beginning of last week. Esport Amadeu are up at the top- only took us 15mins to get fitted up. Esports St Moritz are good too- at bottom of gondola, turn right down the hill!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that - i won't both prebooking and just have a look see when i get there.

nadenoodle - saw you've just got back - glad to see there's some snow now. Did you go over to Pal? Never went last time thought i might go this year.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SallyT, Yes I did, they opened the gondola at the top on thursday - high winds and lack of snow before that meant it was a no! Arcalis was lovely aswell! I recommend the ski and snowboard instructors theyre ace!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd strongly recommend you venture over to Pal. The skiing is much better, much more picturesque, much more varied and the slopes are a fair bit quieter. Even if the gondola link between the resorts is closed, you would be better off jumping on the skibus (free) to La Massana (3 kms away) and entering Pal from the cable car in that town. Trust me, you will have a much better day there than in Arinsal.

Arcalis is a bit of a trip (half an hour on the ski bus), but is worth it for a day. It's even quieter than Pal and has some cracking runs.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've just got back from a week in Arinsal. Most of the runs are not open, but all the ski hire shops are. I was with Inghams and we got our equipment from Amadeau. One thing - I'm used to Bulgaria where you take your equipment back to the hire shop every evening for storage. In Arinsal, you had to pay extra to store it in either the ski company cages (and risk someone taking your kit by accident) or rent your own locker for an extra 51€ for the 6 days.

It was very windy on Wednesday morning and ski school was rescheduled to Saturday as the gondola did not open until 10.30am. Had a fantastic instructor - Mark, aka Uncle Krusty. Recommend him to all. We went over to Pal on Saturday morning - took the cable car across as a group and he had most of the group doing the red runs. I was quite happy to sit and watch.

The biggest disadvantage last week was that so many of the runs were, and still are closed due to lack of snow. There are rocks everywhere and it's also quite icy.

Went to the Caldea spa in Andorra La Vella - it's worth a few hours away from the skiing and if you need a massage for those weary limbs, the best place to go in Arinsal is the Princessa Park - ask for Sam. She's fantastic.

J
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jg5118, were you in the same resort as me??? Ice and rocks? most of the runs not open? wtf?!? there were 2 reds and one black not open, and the blue back into resort, other than that it all seemed pretty operational to me!

I think you were in the same ski group as a couple in my Hotel- Pavarotti?

Ski cages- been there 3 times and never had a problem with anyone taking kit, Inghams charge more than all the other operators at 12E per person, an individual locker holds 4 pairs of skis and costs 8E per day.

Quite Icy? im confused because I took a brand new board out for 2 days and didnt get a scratch on it!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well I shall just sit here for the next couple of weeks praying for snow!! I enjoyed Arinsal when i was there last, about 5 years ago. I should imagine it's changed a bit. Thanks for the info.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just another question.....Do i need photo's for the lift passes??? Also for anyone going to Arinsal i found a site where you can prebook your ski hire offering a 15% discount from Pic Negre - http://rentasport.sport2000.fr/uk/.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No need for photos for lift passes, the pass goes on the left side of your jacket.

I was in the same ski group as Pavarotti - we spent nearly the whole week doing the same run - we'd have done more if the runs were open.

J
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jg5118, We did lots! But we were boarders. We left you skiers to the boring bits Razz
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
i was in arinsal 15-21st Jan. no blacks were open, only 1 red was open and around half the blues, it was icey in the morning, lovey from around 10.30 - 2.30 ish & then the right hand side of the resort - looking up the hill turned to slush. Friday / saturday, the green run back to the bottom was VERY thin in places, I was glad I didnt have my own skis what with all the gravel coming up through. Mind you, they were scraping snow from the edges of the pietes to re pack the centre of the piests & fill in holes by wednesday. if you have a loko on the vallnord website, it tells you which runs are open & which are closed & is updated daily
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy