Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

jasper - for 2 weeks

Poster: A snowHead
hello everyone,
thinking about going to jasper for two weeks in march - pretty good price
what is it like?
i am not too sure wheter to go or not as it doesnt seem like that big an area.
would stay in jasper inn anyone know what it is like?
easy or hard?
is 2 weeks too long in jaspeR?
to be honest , does anyone have any info on jasper as i have nevr been before and know little about it.
just was going to go because it was very good price.
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Jasper as part of our honeymoon (stayed at jasper park lodge which was fab)

We had a poor snow year and it wasn't all open. We had a fab week though and did other stuff like cross country etc. It is beautiful there but there is a long bus ride to slopes- but it can be OK as we saw bighorn sheep everyday and one day (very rarely apparently) we saw a lynx

2 weeks is probably pushing it though!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jollykay, we spent a day there and its a nice skiing area - I'd agree with gryphea, 2 weeks is pushing it! We went on a 2 day trip from Banff - the drive along the Columbia Icefields is spectacular. We stayed the night at tthe Fairmont at Jasper which was nice - can't tell you about the rest of the town. Can you combine it with a week in Banff? (About 4 hours drive away)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jasper is a good place - there is at least one thread with some reports of it. It has grown since I was there, I think, but I wouldn't advise it for 2 weeks. We had a week in Banff and a week in Jasper, which was fine.

The skiing was pretty straightforward, although with some tricky bits (for me). I understand that the new bit is generally at the more difficult end.

I think that the Jasper Inn is a big posh place on the edge of town, in which case it looked rather good , but that may be the place where cathy stayed. The town is quiet but pleasant. It's a bit of a railway junction, you can see the yards from the mountain, which is good if you're sad like me. The surrounding countryside is beautiful in the extreme.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From what I remember, where we stayed was the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, outside the town. Nice place but seemed a bit lacking in character. I think the Jasper Inn is a different hotel in town.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, actually I think we stayed in the Jasper now I come to think about it. If so, it was perfectly comfortable but characterless. It was one of the firther hotels from the centre, but walking distance from 'downtown', as pretty much everywhere in Jasper is.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jasper.......... Mmmmmm, Poutine Cool.

CD
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ye it seems a pretty limited ski area.
thanks for all the help.
it just it is so chaep compared to others and im pretty strapped for cash!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well i just decided to forget about jasper!
just went for fernie.
has anybody been there?
staying in griz inn
just tell me all you know!!Wink
thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
booked goiing on 25th of march so excited:D
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jollykay, I didn't mean to put you off Jasper completely, but one week would better than two. Haven't been to Fernie, but I'd lke to. IIRC, a few people on here have been and enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fernie will be great. How can anyone get bored skiing anywhere after only 2 weeks? Ok maybe MK Snowdome, or when there's little or no snow. But I'd take uncrowded slopes and fine powder over vast ski areas anytime. good choice! enjoy Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
uktrailmonster, good point. The thing is, in Jasper, all the runs are on the same side of the same hill (don't know about the new bit, but I suspect the same applies), so the view is always similar, which gives it a 'limited' feeling. The town although pleasant is not especially thrilling. I'd love to go back, and Id rather go for 2 weeks than 1!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Been to Jasper this year. Already booked for 10 days next year. This will be our fourth trip there in the last ten years.
Part of the new bit does face a different way to the older slopes.
We've stayed at the Jasper Inn before and will be staying there again next year. It's about a ten minute walk out of the centre. But there are quite a few other hotels around the same area for eating and drinking at if you didn't fancy the walk.
It's probably the most beautiful place I've every been.
It has National Park status which keeps the town looking as though it's in a bit of a time warp.
The canadians are the most wonderful of people.
But I would only recommend it for advanced skiers for a 10 day period if all you are going to do is ski/board. If you want to see some of the area (frozen lakes and waterfalls etc) then a two week holiday would easily be kept busy.
A bit late as I see you've already changed your thoughts, but I thought I'd leave it anyway.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
thanks for all your help.
another thing i liked about fernie was that it is ski to your door and not a half an hour bus ride to the slopes.
ski holidays
jollykay, ski in ski out always good, although in Jasper the skiing is just outside town. In N.America it's always worth hiring a car unless you have ski in ski out, as driving around and parking is so easy.
ski holidays
If Ski in Ski out is your thing then I should consider Kimberley in British Columbia, Canada.
Plently of skiing choice too.

Not a lot else there to do though!
snow report
Kimberly is nice but more intermediate than Fernie, both have ski in ski out accomadations but both require a bus ride to get to town if you don't have a car. There is also a nice hard mtn 45 min. east of Fernie called Castle Mtn.. Lots of black and double blacks at Castle. You can also visit Whitewater and Red Mtn. if you are in the area. Big Mtn in MT is another fun ski area. Enjoy your trip and let me know if you have more questions I live 3 hours south in the land of ID.
snow report
does anyone know much about fernie ski school?
as i arrive on a sunday and it says in the brochure that ski school satrts on either a sunday or a thrusday that is not much use to me at all.
that ski school last three.
does anyone know of any packages that i could book locally which may run from say mon to fri or sumthing like that.
snow conditions
We've been looking at Kimberley and quite fancy it does anyone have any more info???
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy