Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there a repacement component for Salamon x-wave boot?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In one of my Salamon Xwave boots, the plastic component that goes under the boot liner is breaking up. Is it possible to et a replacement?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
achilles, Yes, ring Lockwoods and ask them to order the part for you. Little Angel
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, thank you very much.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Spot on advice. Excellent help from Lockwoods on the phone after emailing the picture above.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, Lockwoods duly came up with the authorized Salamon component parts - which were larger in footprint, deeper, and more tilted to the front. I sent them back, with the item pictured above, and asked them to resupply. They checked with Salamon. What they had sent was what Salamon assure them are now the correct items. They can see the difference, too. I am concerned that the boot fit will be completely different. Am gong down to Lockwoods next week to get the fit sorted out, I hope.

Can't fault the Lockwoods support, they have tried hard, for a low-value item, and kept in touch.

I really don't want to buy new boots. My present ones are nicely tweaked to my feet, after a lot of trouble getting there.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, What model/year X wave boot is this ? My xwave8's/2006 have a completely different footbed, it is narrow and lets my little toes feel the overhang - I had to pack the sole out to compensate.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy