Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FAO Carled

Poster: A snowHead
Have you seen the 0Z..... Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The sd42 is confined to salience.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
bh1, very salient point Confused Puzzled Laughing

lisach, I didn't see the 00z GFS but I've just had a look at the 06z in fantasy island. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

.... just off out to buy some shares in Icebreaker wink

In case you're interested - a stable High pressure block builds over Greenland, the UK and then Europe gets a true arctic blast with low pressure running down the north sea and some low pressure bubbling around the med. Cold for everyone, snow for everyone, happy days ! An absolute belter of a run. If only it would come true .........

Mind you, ECM did show something similar on Thursday, so it must be a possibility.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, oooooh that would be a shame. 4 days of cold weather and dumping snow before we arive in resort. Fantasy perhaps, but that is what happened last year. Remember the "Lardy Snowgod" Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, my fingers toe, etc are very tightly crossed.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, when does it say the snow will come? ... if it all comes true
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bin the 12Z gents:
Fingers crossed for the 18Z

http://weather.noaa.gov/tgstatus/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
please explain further guys ??
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chris Brookes wrote:

0Z and 6Z showed very good signs for cold and ppn starting next weekend. However 12Z doesn't but according to NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - US) the 12Z charts have incomplete data and hence can likely be ignored.

Watch out for the 18Z and better still tomorrow's 0 and 6 to see if the good stuff is still there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lisach, thanks for that

Tomorrow will be interesting i just hope its in our snowhead favour wink
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pah, GFS models who needs them. It will dump on or around the upcoming full moon, that is the word of the farmers, so it must be true. Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lisach wrote:
Chris Brookes wrote:

0Z and 6Z showed very good signs for cold and ppn starting next weekend. However 12Z doesn't but according to NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - US) the 12Z charts have incomplete data and hence can likely be ignored.

Watch out for the 18Z and better still tomorrow's 0 and 6 to see if the good stuff is still there.

Spot on. The 18Z looks much much better as you suggested.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
where are you guys looking for this? If I look at this 00z chart for La Tania, I don't see much to get excited about??

regards,

Greg
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, Yes but that was last night Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, Yes but that was last night Crying or Very sad

Yes as I said a few times yesterday its swinging back and forth and the models are unsure where it will be for the key week of half term when the season is either saved or serious financial issues hit the low to medium height resorts as many will cancel. If the forecast for 10-12°C is true for the end of the week and all weekend I dread to think what will be the result.

I doubt we will know for sure until 72hrs where this pattern is going.

EDIT....

You prove my point....

this was not there on the two previous runs!!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn2522.png

Smile
ski holidays
I, like everyone who is going away around half term, am watching the GFS, GEM etc models, but like the regular forecasters on this site I am neither worried nor excited (about the weather). The models beyond a few days are so far apart and have been so for about a week, they are varying between the really exciting and the totally melting. If you wish to increase your level of stress, always focus on the worst case scenario. If you went away at Christmas and actually had a good weeks skiing or you just enjoy holidays and make the best of the skiing available, then you will (regardless of the weather), have a great time. Lets face it, the only people who have a real right to get concerned about the weather are those whose businesses depend on it.

All that said, I will still be looking at the 12z 18z etc until we leave on the 9th!!! Very Happy
snow report
Was out and about most of yesterday so missed a lot of this. Only had time to briefly prod back at the two loonies on the "massive snowfall" thread... rolling eyes

So... it appears that 00z and 06z wer good yesterday, then 12z, 18z and 00z weren't up to scratch? Caught back end of 00z this morning, now had a good look at the 6z and...

...I like! OK, still a bit on the mild side for next week, but the following week looks most interesting. I'll take it as it stands now, thanks. Don't bother wrapping it, I'll wear it home... snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, have you seen where 'your' chart has gone Smile
latest report
I have now lisach Smile

still far out and wild disagreement tbh

I should have kept the old one for comparison!!!
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
I have now lisach Smile

still far out and wild disagreement tbh

I should have kept the old one for comparison!!!

Yes it changing so much, however each run is better than the previous days at the same time. Look hopefully for a better run on the 0Z tonight.
latest report
Never mind how the weather affects those with businesses in the Alps, my increasing addiction to both snowHead s and GFS charts are starting to affect my business. Spent so much time poring over weather charts that I almost forgot to go pay my tax bill!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy