Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taxi from Nice Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's amazing just how difficult it is to find a taxi company on the Web to take us from Nice to Val D'Allos.
I've got all the info on trains/coaches etc (4 ish hours) but does anyone know of a taxi company we can contact?
As we have 3 kids and 2 wives who hate travelling a taxi door to door minimises the grief.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Michael, don't take a taxi from Nice Airport, the local drivers are all thieves and rogues, they are notorious. I used to have an apartment near Cannes and I would always call a local taxi to pick me up at the airport. They probably wouldn't want to take anyone that far, perhaps you could try the Val d'Allos tourist office and ask them to recommend a local taxi.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Few have web sites, but if you go to www.pagesjaunes.fr and enter 'taxi' under activité and 'Nice' under localité, you're spoilt for choice.... you'll have to phone though.

One of the main ones is
CENTRAL TAXI RIVIERA
Tel. : 33 (0)4 93 13 78 78
Switchboard 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Night rate from 7pm to 7 am
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B, The taxi fare would be massive. You'd be better off hiring a couple of cars.

You could try Haut Verdon Voyages in Colmars (they're the nearest coach company to Allos) - they might be able to provide a minibus and driver. Tel. +33 4 92 83 95 81

I would offer you a lift in our minibus but as yours is a big group I either wouldn't have space for all of you or if I didn't have any guests (so had enough room in the minibus) wouldn't be down at the airport that weekend.

Ben
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David@traxvax, why would a nice airport have such horrible cab drivers?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You never know with taxi services. This summer I rang for an Italian one to pick up from Le Sauze to go to Cuneo, a group of 7 needing a minibus, about a 2 hour drive, and he wanted 200 euros which I thought was pretty reasonable.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David, It's a local mafia, the licences change hands for huge amounts of money and the taxi owners are all linked to criminal gangs etc. I made the mistake of using them once and was charged double the price of my local guy. There's an expat newspaper the Riveria Reporter that covered this issue. Consensus was, do not grab a cab at Nice airport under any circumtances. Apologies to all those honest French cab owners out there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not Nice at all.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all.
PG - Yours is the cabby we want!
We are coming to the conclusion that driving is the way forward, but a Taxi is the lazy option.
We dont mind paying the price. We paid 580 Euros to get to and back from Belle Plagne this year. It sounds a lot but when you divide it by 7 it's quite reasonable for "A la carte" service.
Haute Verdon is a possibility. (Why don't they have e-mail?)
If anyone has any contacts that are not here add them on.
Ben I sent you an e-mail yesterday re Sunday changeover days.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would definately not recommend the taxi option. From living in Nice I try to minimise my contact with them as much as possible. It can cost between 25 and 35 from my apt to the ariport and that's only 7 or 8 km. The fare to Faux would be huge! A car rental would surely be a far cheaper and more flexible option? Try the Hertz Avis Budget and Ada, I'm sure you will get a deal from one

Diarmuid
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You could try emailing the following coach/minibus companies in Nice for a quote, all of which claim to do minibus transfers....

Ask them for their "meilleur prix" !!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Micheal,

We go up to Allos several times a year, I would book online with
http://www.auto-europe.co.uk/
Pay online with a credit card, they will send you a voucher which you hand to the car hire people. This usually means your car is ready and waiting when you get there as opposed to making an online reservation directly with a car hire company which means nowt in practice!

They are fairly cheap for france, they usually use Europecar as their supplier, just make sure you order some snow chains (this won't be a problem!)
You'll be up in Allos tucking into a fondue 2 hours or so later!

I prefer having a car these days up there as you can make use of the both seignus and foux very easily Also makes it handy in an evening as you can eat out then in seignus/allos village,colmars,foux etc if your feeling brave you could also go upto colmar ratery for nordic skiing (snow chains probably needed) but worth the effort this willbe beautiful also la colle st michel should be accessible! Just don't try to drive over the col du allos! snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks again all.
PG I have e-mailed a couple of these already. Waiting for responses. (found them via the "pagesjaune")
I think the car hire is favourite although Ben's offer for La Seignus is looking less hassle all the time.
These are all really good resource contacts. Can we centralise these somewhere?
Over to U, U!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David@traxvax, do you not fear a visit form the Nice mafia .... you're one of a number on here who have forgone anonymity ! Personally I'd think twice before casting aspersions on criminal gangs if they knew where I lived !
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
masmith, it's already been extensivly reported in the Riveria Reporter, names were named. All quite dramatic.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy