Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Braveheart Alert!! :D

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thought people might be interested to hear that Nevis Range have the Braveheart Chair ready for the weekend and weather permitting it will be open. snowHead

For those unfamiliar with the area, the Braveheart Chair is remote from the ski area lying in the lower reaches of Coire Dubh to the East of the Ski Area and is accessed from the Summit or Warrens Tow from anywhere along the cornice on Lemming Ridge - Access requires riding the scarp slopes of a Coire Headwall! This area is basically lift served off-piste.

Excellent cover on the access runs down the headwall of Coire Dub (snow has mostly fallen on winds from a Westerly quarter so the Back is loaded), and avalanche risk / surface conditions permitting (check with ski patrol) scope to come down lines in the other Back Corries such as Easy Gully in Coire an Lochan (Easy ice climb - not ski run!). The back is loaded with snow, though as the lie of the land dictates things narrow into the natural gullies between the rock outcrops on the final approach to the chair.

This is Late Season terrain that usually takes a long time to come in and for the surface conditions to be stable but still safe to ski on, to be able to ride the Braveheart in Jan is exceptionally rare.

A couple of photos from the Back Corries on Monday:

latest report
 brian
brian
Excellent news !

I remember skiing over there one midweek morning a few years ago and having the whole back coire to myself for about an hour before anyone else skied over, magic Very Happy

IIRC they replaced the engine in the braveheart a year or 2 ago, hope the new one's a bit more reliable !

Here it is not running in April last year, click on wee pic for bigger version:

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's pics like these that make me wonder why i'm going to the alps to ski rather than just heading to Scotland Puzzled

It looks amazing guys.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my favourite lift, can't make it this weekend though Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks ace, wish I had some spare cash.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy