Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings for my K2 Public Enemy Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Between the ages of 12-16 I used to go skiing about 10 times a season. I was "home-schooled" and they used to have a really good deal for students. $12 for all mountain lift ticket, rental for all gear and a half-day lesson if you wanted it. So we went a LOT! Around the time I was 16 they caught on to the home schoolers going up in small groups so they started a minimum group size.

Anyway, I'd go down anything Sierra Summit had, was a so-so carver and would tear up the parks pretty well, doing some 360's and grabs/tweaks. At this point the only rail or box I had ever seen was when I took a trip to big bear.

Since 16 (I'm 20 now) I'd only managed to make it up once a year, I didn't have any friends that liked going anymore so I'd be lucky if I didn't head up alone. I only went enough to make myself frustrated at my diminished skills.

In the past year I've met a lot of snowboarders and I started going a lot. Funny thing is, doing big jumps still feels a little awkward awkward, I stick to the small stuff, but I'm better than ever at carving, I'll charge pretty much any hill with decent speed. Much more fearlessly than I used to as a younger kid. Maybe it's because I'm now 6'4", 190lbs...

I've rented a lot of different types of skis, but last week I found a great deal on some K2 Public Enemy 179's. $299 (after shipping and taxes) for last years model, brand new. So I bought them.

This weekend I'll be down in the LA area to get some boots and bindings. I'm just going to try on everything and see how my foot feels.

What is a great all mountain binding that will do well with the freestyle stuff?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy