Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BLOODY FREEZING in 2Alpes!

Poster: A snowHead
One of our guests went up yesterday and was wiped out colliding with a snowboarder, losing hat and goggles in the process. In the short time it took her to untangle herself and retrieve hat and goggles, she suffered quite severe frostbite to an ear. Shocked

It's a bit chilly.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
your story doesn't sound right, I corrected it.

Lizzard wrote:
One of our guests went up yesterday and had no control whatsoever and went straight into a snowboarder,

NehNeh

But yeah, it's freezing, lift ciggies are definitely out at the moment.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lizzard, .... these conditions may help to reduce, the seemingly now, mass 'Al Fresco Urinations' so favoured by many....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good, that's what's been needed for a while. It should help preserve the snow that has already fallen, and let them run the snow cannons.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lizzard, Stop complaining! My word, what are the Brits like. Always complaining about the weather. First "there's no snow", now it's "too cold"... Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I sdaw -28C forecast for Les Carroz in the next night or too. Brrr. The OL's off there on Sunday (cow) so it's no bad thing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, who's complaining? I shall be out there all day on Saturday practising turns in my new board boots.

I was just a bit startled that you could get serious frostbite in the space of minutes, on a part of the world which is only five minutes away from the hotel via the red eggs. Extreme.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So what...im glad its cold and i hope it stays that way wink Blush
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, quite.

I did have a day in Whistler when it was somewhere around -23 - -30 and the lifties were checking all exposed skin for white patches. One chumette had (!) earings in. Swiftly disposed off when one earlope lost all circulation. Apparently quite nippy afterwards.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David Murdoch, I always have earrings in (gold sleepers, actually belong to Mr L) - would never have thought twice about it.

Maybe I shall take them out - quite attached to my earlobes.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Our local ski shop man told me that in an exceptionally cold spell, years ago, someone's earlobe became totally frozen and snapped off when he tried to rub it. Can this be true? He didn't mention whether the guy was wearing an earing....

Yes, it's chilly, but the sun is gonna shine, and that's a big improvement on rain last week. I discovered to my surprise today that I could put those warming tea bag things in my boots, under my feet, and scarcely feel them and AND feet for the price of a vin chaud, and the effects last much longer. snowHead If hands and feet are warm, the in between bits feel much better.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard wrote:
One of our guests went up yesterday and was wiped out colliding with a snowboarder, losing hat and goggles in the process. In the short time it took her to untangle herself and retrieve hat and goggles, she suffered quite severe frostbite to an ear. Shocked

It's a bit chilly.

Pardon?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

It's a bit chilly.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
think i'm gonna pack a couple more jumpers for tomorrow then...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Whitegold, Laughing Laughing took me a while Embarassed
snow report
wooosh, over my head,
ski holidays
David Murdoch, Skied in -32 (plus wind chill) at Lake Louise a few years ago. Full face mask was not optional. managed to keep my earlobes though, even the one with the sleeper in it. Toofy Grin
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, I'm still trying to work it out.

Answers in a PM please! Puzzled
snow report
Mr.Si, cookie monster, I presumed it was the old "deaf" thing. Friend says "I have a bad ear I can hardly hear a thing" and it is compulsory to reply - "Pardon" Very Happy
snow conditions
Well I can attest to the fact that it's bl**dy cold! Lots and lots of clothes, teaching with face mask (not ideal but necessary). goggles, not sunnys. Boot heaters .... -20 yesterday at the glacier with some wind chill. only -11 at the Toura today, but more wind chill at the top. The "hot" temps mentioned by doom merchant Carled in another thread are around -3 in resort - hardly the problem some might think from what's been said. Confused
snow report
easiski wrote:
Well I can attest to the fact that it's bl**dy cold! Lots and lots of clothes, teaching with face mask (not ideal but necessary). goggles, not sunnys. Boot heaters .... -20 yesterday at the glacier with some wind chill. only -11 at the Toura today, but more wind chill at the top. The "hot" temps mentioned by doom merchant Carled in another thread are around -3 in resort - hardly the problem some might think from what's been said. Confused

Yes chilly chilly chilly today... we climbed to the Puy Gris behind the Grandes Rousses massif and it was windy and cold. I'm frozen to the very core. Poor ol' Anny was so cold she couldn't even turn.
snow report
davidof, and that's after climbing all the way up too! Shocked
snow report
Just come back from LDA on friday, brilliant time and excellent snow.
But one day last week after a few hours i ended up with blood coming from my chin from wind burn after i forgot my snood!!! mistake not made again i can tell you!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy