Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy this helmet....wait until I get there?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, first post so please be gentle with me....

I will be going skiing in a few weeks for my 3rd time ever. As I constantly go on to the children about wearing thier helmets I thought I would do the sensible and right thing and invest in one for myself.

Having tried a few on - though not many as I cant seem to locate many places - I like the Cebe 'Ripper Freestyle'. I can get this for £50.

Would you advise buy this as the price is ok and I like the helmet or wait until I get there (Chamonix) and look then?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Mark.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 25-01-07 12:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
THE ONLY ADVICE FOR HELMETS IS THIS

WHEN YOU FIND ONE THAT FITS REALLY WELL BUY IT THE PRICE DOESNT MATTER

but if you are asking whether that is expensive or cheap its about mid market price,.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads markh300.

£50 seems pretty reasonable for a helmet. As plectrum says, if it's a good fit, go for it.

THe shops in Chamonix will doubtless have loads to choose from between them which is a plus. You might even save £5 or £10 but do you really want to spend time shopping when you could be sking?

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 25-01-07 13:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the quick replies.

I am happy with the 'Ripper' just not convinced I have checked out enough potential competition as there seems to be very few shops you can walk in and try on.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
markh300, if it fits well, it should be fine. About the only other point I can think of is the need to have vents that can be open or plugged.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
markh300, Welcome to snowHead ... there's been a few threads in the past about what a 'good fit' actually is , you might do a search for them. Basically not too tight but your forehead wrinkles when you try to move the helmet. There is also a good website on shapes etc which I'm sure someone will refer you too.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
markh300, If you can try it on before buying & it's a good fit, then probably go for it. Think it's important that you try before you buy. As Admin say's, there will however be loads to choose from in the resort. Have a good trip. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
achilles wrote:
markh300, if it fits well, it should be fine. About the only other point I can think of is the need to have vents that can be open or plugged.

yah not so sure about this? I have the Bad Lieutenant from Giro and it doesnt have any vents its just a hard hat and it rocks! Keeps my head nice and snug!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy