Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Restaurants in Meribel for 18 people

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good restaurants in Meribel?

We're heading out there next week in a group of 18, and while we don't intend to eat together every night, it'll be my brothers 29th birthday one day and i'd like to find somewhere we can all eat together.

I'm not looking for anything terribly gourmet, but something nicer than a pub supper type thing. Preferably somewhere quite lively, in Meribel town, and not ridiculously expensive? We're open to all types of food, so that's not really an issue.

Pizza Express was suggested, but not sure if that's a bit of a cop out given that there's one round every corner at home?!

thanks Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is a great one we went to but forgotten the name!! However i do know the name of the pub opposite... Barometer. On the opposite side of the road to this bar is a relatively big resturant and serves great ski food... lasagne, chips etc. in huge portions. Great after a days skiing.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you fancy a trip to Mottaret - Le Grain de Sel is fantastic Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kizzi2002 wrote:
Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good restaurants in Meribel?

We're heading out there next week in a group of 18, and while we don't intend to eat together every night, it'll be my brothers 29th birthday one day and i'd like to find somewhere we can all eat together.

I'm not looking for anything terribly gourmet, but something nicer than a pub supper type thing. Preferably somewhere quite lively, in Meribel town, and not ridiculously expensive? We're open to all types of food, so that's not really an issue.

Pizza Express was suggested, but not sure if that's a bit of a cop out given that there's one round every corner at home?!

thanks Smile

Le Refuge - opposite Barometer, really nice and resaonable food prices. One of the best in town for big easy food, pizzas etc.

Flambe - Opposite Le Refuge, same again, really good food, probably book you the whole of the upstairs if you book early!

La Kouisina - Pricey but good food, smarter end of the scale, cool French atmosphere. In Square opposite Freeride ski shop.

Le Rond Point - You'll probably drink here at the end of the day, but they also have a restaurant....not sure on quality of this one, we just drink there!

I personally would go to the Refuge or Flambe every time, they are quality but easygoing and really good food. Well located too for a few beers before/after..

Beware, If you go on a wednesday you will need to book as it's chalet staff day off and therefore everyone is tring to eat out! Good luck and have a good one Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It wasn't cheap but I enjoyed the food at Chez Kiki and the bar downstairs was cozy and lively but it was a couple of hundred yards walk out of town.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CarlT, since it burned down it just hasnt been as good as it used to be but is still pretty good.

Robbof, top recomendations i concurr. La Kouisina does the best tartiflette in the valley IMHO and you must try the "friendly coffee" (cant remember the french word for it) it is leathal....
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I remember boarding past the Grain de Sel last season (Or season before, cant remember) and wondering what the hell had happened to it!

Used to have some of the best pasta in the area! Always a crowd pleaser when guiding....!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Robbof, i was out in december and all the locals were slagging off the new owners.... saying the food was no where near as good as before the fire. i think they are trying to go way upscale and not quite hitting value for money. but i havent eaten there so this is total second hand info
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I ate there last year (in the new restaurant) and we had a great meal !
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CarlT, thats good to hear, as i said i havent and was just going on second hand info. the feeling i got is the new owners have rubbed a few noses the wrong way but good to hear the food is still good. Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
Robbof, i was out in december and all the locals were slagging off the new owners.... saying the food was no where near as good as before the fire. i think they are trying to go way upscale and not quite hitting value for money. but i havent eaten there so this is total second hand info

Bit of a shame, it was such a great spot with top food all round. Anything else to compete with it in Mottaret these days??

R
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Robbof, I would still give it a go and see for yourself as i said it was second hand info a few is like are :

Le Schuss Braserie In theHotel Mont Vallon, smart and elegent meals +33 (0) 479 00 4400
La Brizolee Family atmosphere with great view of Mont Vallon and is a real suntrap. Extensive menu of fondues, raclette etc.,. Also does excellent tarts that can be bought to take away +33 (0) 479 00 4670.
Pizzeria du Mottaret - First rate pizza and much more +33 (0)4 79 00 40 50
Le Grenier - serves good, no-nonsense French fare at reasonable prices
Au Temps Perdu - Romantic Cellar restaurant with a wide choice of crèpes and local specialities +33 (0)4 79 00 36 34
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret wrote:
Robbof, I would still give it a go and see for yourself as i said it was second hand info a few is like are :

Le Schuss Braserie In theHotel Mont Vallon, smart and elegent meals +33 (0) 479 00 4400
La Brizolee Family atmosphere with great view of Mont Vallon and is a real suntrap. Extensive menu of fondues, raclette etc.,. Also does excellent tarts that can be bought to take away +33 (0) 479 00 4670.
Pizzeria du Mottaret - First rate pizza and much more +33 (0)4 79 00 40 50
Le Grenier - serves good, no-nonsense French fare at reasonable prices
Au Temps Perdu - Romantic Cellar restaurant with a wide choice of crèpes and local specialities +33 (0)4 79 00 36 34

Oops missed the second hand info comment!

Cheers, will give it a shot, always a good meeting point when I was a season worker in meribel... Coming out to work at British childrens champs in April so will probably shoot over for some Carbonara - that typically French speciality!!

Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy