Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno Transfer Time?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im still on the hunt for a skiing hol in March and saw some great deals to Livigno. From the reviews i read it sounds perfect for what we are looking for, however i cannot find how long the transfer is from this airport Brescia (VBS). Would any snow heads please be able to confirm how long the transfer is, as i am on the verge of getting the credit card out and booking?

Also, is Livigno reliable for snow in mid March?

Thanks for all advice to date.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've skiied Livigno twice in March and, although it got a bit slushy in the late afternoon, coverage on both occassions was excellent. In fact, during the recent snow drought, Livigno was boasting that it had the best coverage in Italy.

From the UK, you usually fly into Bergamo or sometimes Innsbruck. I've never seen a flight for Livigno into Brescia. Who's the tour operator?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flying with Directski from Dublin. I double checked the site and that is the airport we fly into, cant find any info about the transfer time. Plenty about the other airports but nothing for this one.

How did you find the ski schools?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Transfer is 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Bring food and drink with you as although you will stop for a break for 30 minutes you may be starving by the time you stop. I have skied there in March and its ok but a bit slushy by late afternoon. I wouldn't use the school that Direct Ski use. There is a site - Moutain Tours Ltd Livigno - where you can see the various schools. The one at Mottolino was better.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is this the ski school you mentioned Jacket?

TOP CLUB MOTTOLINO LIVIGNO

Is this the best ski school in Livigno?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thedavman, Transfer's a booger at 4.5 to 5 hours so take some booze and snacks, it's better if it's plonk or shorts as the transfer buses rarely have toilets, They always stop for 30 min. at about half way at a big cafe . . . so take a take a potty break. wink
As for snow, I've never had a prob for the two times I've been in late season (had worse snow and bloody freezing in Jan.). It might get a bit slushy at the very bottom mid afternoon but the valley runs North South (Google Earth 46,32,35N 10,8,23E) so neither side of the valley gets a full day of sun and the snow keeps well. There's often great late season snow and I've been reliably told that when the season is officially over there's often a lift or three opened for local fun. I'm determined to test this one year Smile

The resort's spread out down the valley but the ski buses are regular and have three clear and sometimes overlapping routes, they get VERY busy at hill closing time. It's no real effort to wander round if you're wearing snowboard boots but if you're planning to ski away from your accommodation it may be worth while to throw some walking boots in your pack.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we have some very good friends who work in the resort and know it well and we have been 2 or 3 times every year for the last five years and never had any problems with snow even at easter.....transfers are a bug and thats why we bought a motorhome and now drive. we will be there on wednesday and according to friends (mountain tours to be exact) the snow is not too bad at the moment although most of it is artificial. definately go for mottolino top club ski school... we have used both of the main ski schools and these are definately better and also the mottolino side is nicer to ski in ski school............ it gets rather crowded over the other side at ski school time. looking at the webcams on www.livigno.com the snow looks fine. any idea where you would be staying???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thedavman wrote:

How did you find the ski schools?

I skied with the guys from Inverno Estate ski school...

I'm a disabled skier with slightly unusual instruction needs... they did a great job of finding me suitable instructors...

and I got to ski with a recently retired WC racer for just over 30 euro/hour.... which I thought was a bargain!

Like most ski schools I think the biggest problem is making sure they understand your needs... they cannot meet unknown expectations very well...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh and I found the Mottolino side pistes more crowded than the Carouselo .... had most of my lessons at Carouselo and found it good bar the gondola queue at the bottom... but just don't return there very often...

Maybe just the time I was there.... but the times I waas at Mottolino there were to many out of control people (including one took out one of our group).... while carouselo was mostly empty runs with just a few like us working on technical stuff (being colder and firmer snow may have contributed)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TOP CLUB MOTTOLINO LIVIGNO is a very good school
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
from July 2013 a new road "variant of Morbegno" is opened to traffic on highway s.s 38 'Stelvio'.
Along the entire route there are three bridges and four viaducts. This allows you to reach Livigno in less time than ever before.
from milan for example it takes about 3 hours/ 3.30 hours by car
The infrastructure allows to separate local traffic, avoiding the towns of Piantedo, Delebio, Rogolo.
For a car transfer or a ski shuttle ask for a quote to taxi@taxi-livigno.it it is also possible to book online from the site www.taxi-livigno.it
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thedavman wrote:
Also, is Livigno reliable for snow in mid March?
The reason it became duty free is because the sixteenth century VAT man could never get in there due to the huge snow depths. It's one of the most snow sure places there is.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy