Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

masive snow for next week!!

Poster: A snowHead
Most of the Alps should do well next week as snow is to be found in abundance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Huh - except Wengen extra few centimetres and nothing on the horizon Sad Sad Ah well, could go hiking , i suppose
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and neiderau - which although the webcams show snow the reports are still reporting only one lift open! we go on the 3rd feb so ive started praying now!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the our experience over the last few weeks has taught us to be vary wary of any forecasts beyond three or four days.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have to agree with Paul100
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow-forecast.com & Metcheck forecasted 60cms + at one time over the Jungfrau region.............but they only received 15cms !!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I cant see any forecasts predicting much schnee Crying or Very sad , rising temps perhaps Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Please ignore the original post on this thread. Don't think you're missing out on forecasts... The truth is that it will get warm in *most* areas of the Pyrenees and Alps over the next week or so, but:
1) not catastrophically so and
2) not as much for the Eastern (midway through Germany/Austria and Italy) onwards.

Mainly France and the Pyrenees to be affected, but like I say, not catastrophically so. I don't think it will be anywhere near as warm as early to mid Jan, and there is a good chance of a return to cold & snow at the start of Feb, so chins up folks and ignore people saying it will snow lots next week. It won't. A few drobs and drabs here and there, but no real dumpings in evidence at present.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
carled, thanks for your insight and model reading this season...may it continue

You say Feb looks good at the mo for cold & snow at the start of Feb...any more info on that ?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Netweather are perdicting a rather large amount of snow in about a weeks time. As I have seen stated many times though its practically impossible to predict snow that far head though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
dj_colinbell, netweather is less accurate than Snow-forecast & Metcheck..at the moment
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
TBF the original post said that snow is to be found in abundance, not that it would fall.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Brookes wrote:
dj_colinbell, netweather is less accurate than Snow-forecast & Metcheck..at the moment

Shhhh

its my fav the now Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
In Switzerland it is forecast to go + Temps again next week , around +1-2C
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, is that for Bern or up in the mountains ?
ski holidays
hi folks. am about to book for Andorra for week of 3rd feb...it is covered adequate snow at pas la casa isn't it?
snow conditions
Er... how do I put this tactfully... erm, if I was booking for the w/c 3rd Feb, Andorra would NOT be high on my list of places to visit... sorry... If you're doing it for reasons of economy, it woul dbe false economy as you would not have the greatest conditions. Pick a lesser known Austrian resort that's just had a dumping like Nassfeld?
snow report
 brian
brian
Chris Brookes, netweather, snow-forecast and metcheck all churn the output from the GFS. Any difference in accuracy will be down to you seeing the results from different runs (it's output every 6 hours).
snow report
You can see it change, netweather had predicted lots of snow on the 31st but now they say there wont be any.
snow report
carled, thanks for advice. as it turns out, have booked for Arinsal in Andorra. I understand there's not huge amount of snow but seems adequate for complete beginners like us? hopefully anyway.
snow conditions
Metcheck are showing at the moment snow for Switzerland between the 6th - 11th Feb...but no doubt that will change Sad
snow report
cersei, if you're complete beginners and you have a few slopes to use, you should be fine. There are slight chances of a bit of cold and snow, fingers crossed for you.
snow report
Just a heads up for you lot that seem a bit baffled by the changing snow forecasts - check out the sticky at the top of the "snow reports" part of the forum called "A beginners guide to forecasting, GFS models" - http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852

It explains why the fours runs differ... I hope!
ski holidays
Oh yes its already started... thanks for your all know put down comments carled, they appear you as a sheep following the flock.
latest report
iloveskiing, say it again in understandable English (or German will do for me) and I'll try and work out if I need to be offended or not mate.
snow conditions
If life has taught me anything it would be

Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
snow report
saikee,

Reminds of the old Pub Landlords saying Toofy Grin

If half the stories I hear in the bar are half true.........
ski holidays
I'll stick to my first post thank you and you stick to your prediction Carled. All I will add is thatnI have enough respect for people than to tell others to ignore their post!! What a fxxxxxx liberty!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

TBF the original post said that snow is to be found in abundance, not that it would fall.

Well, there's not a huge amount about below 2500m, at least in much of the French Alps, but last week's modest fall is lasting well thanks to cold temperatures and making everything look very pretty. I certainly would not call it abundant; when snow abounds you don't have to keep skiing round bushes in the middle of the piste....
snow report
snowHead

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 30-01-07 16:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
iloveskiing wrote:
Most of the Alps should do well next week as snow is to be found in abundance

Out of interest, what are you using for your forecast, and how much snow is forecast, and over which areas?

regards,

Greg
latest report
Fair question Greg. I'm using the same as I normally do and in my apparently not-so-humble opinion, I think the warmth I saw in the charts is definitely there. As I said before, it isn't catastrophic, although it could cause rain to fall low down in some resorts and we know that isn't so good for lying snow... Some higher areas will see snow, but I don't think it's going to be significant amounts from what I can see. Certainly nothing I'd call an "abundance".

iloveskiing, your opening post is so fraught with trouble on here, that I felt I had to step in. Of course I'm not saying, "I'm right, you're wrong." and, should your prediction turn out to be right, I will happily eat humble pie. However, the reason I stepped in is that you ran the risk of getting less experienced people's expectations up, whereby they take as gospel your (in my opinion) wildly-overoptimistic prediction. The "normal" weather charts are showing no signs whatsoever of an "abundance" of snow over "most of the alps" and I think that you should think twice before posting such (apparently) ill considered predictions in future.

We'll see...
snow report
carled, Why dont you p... ..f maybe you should become a council tax inspector cos that way you could make more people miserable!! Really cant you people spreading all the bad feeling just let people at least have some expectation so they can go to the resorts and keep them going!! So next year we have a great time when it snows like hell and we forget the doom and gloom of 2006/7. None of us are experts on weather! and even the experts find it impossible to predict with accuracy. So carled, your peace of advice is as worthless as all the other. Happy Days I'm going to enjoy my holiday. THANKYOU
snow report
joshua wrote:
carled, Why dont you p... ..f maybe you should become a council tax inspector cos that way you could make more people miserable!! Really cant you people spreading all the bad feeling just let people at least have some expectation so they can go to the resorts and keep them going!! So next year we have a great time when it snows like hell and we forget the doom and gloom of 2006/7. None of us are experts on weather! and even the experts find it impossible to predict with accuracy. So carled, your peace of advice is as worthless as all the other. Happy Days I'm going to enjoy my holiday. THANKYOU

hang on please, carled, does know what he is talking about. Its also clear to see on the weather charts. Those charts are likely to change over the next few days so its all still up in the air. But carled is not a doom monger, he is just honest.
snow report
lisach, My god not another expert!! Tell you what why dont you all get together in the Alps. Then maybe all the gloom your spreading will change the weather gloomy!!. AND CAN I SAY IT AGAIN NONE OF YOU ARE EXPERTS!
ski holidays
joshua,fellow snowHead chill.....i dont thing you need to be rude to get your point of view across Exclamation
ski holidays
joshua, I've never claimed to be an expert... in fact I've explained I'm anything but. I do, however, know how to read the basics of weather charts and I am trying to let people know what to expect... truthfully... I'm going out to the alps myself, Einstein, in about 2 weeks time. The resort I'm headed to is quite lucky - projected cold temps right through until we arrive and dribs and drabs of snow here and there for the next week. From next weekedn on or thereabouts, good chances in many areas of the alps for good snowfall, next week, not good chances. Many parts of the alps won't be quite so lucky (pyrenees, much of lower lying resorts in France) and I'm trying to alert people to this, not to make them miserable, but to prevent them gaily tripping over to their resort of choice and potentially being hugely disappointed.

You, mate, have issues and I care little for your cyber-warrior tone. Can it.

Oh and as a free service (you don't have to thank me) to quote you from your post, "gloom your spreading" should actually be "gloom YOU'RE spreading", short for "you are," don'tcha know? If you're going to abuse me, at least have the style to be grammatically correct, hmmmm?
latest report
joshua wrote:
lisach, My god not another expert!! Tell you what why dont you all get together in the Alps. Then maybe all the gloom your spreading will change the weather gloomy!!. AND CAN I SAY IT AGAIN NONE OF YOU ARE EXPERTS!

Not another 'expert' but someone else who can understand the GFS charts. Take a few minutes to look at the GFS thread and perhaps you will learn something. I have been guilty of giving gloomy predictions of late, all of which have been true. I might add. However the next 14 days are very unclear and if its bad news that isn't the fault of anyone on snowHead
snow report
carled, Keep up the good work mate, your informative posts are much appreciated by many of us. Very Happy

joshua, iloveskiing, Thanks for your (strange) input. I wouldn't quit the day jobs if I were you. Puzzled NehNeh Laughing

I can only assume that English is not your first language:- "Then maybe all the gloom your spreading will change the weather gloomy!!. " and "they appear you as a sheep following the flock" entertaining - yes, English - no. Very Happy
ski holidays
This is great!! Just logged on to see what the chances of snow are for week com. 03 02 2007 and wow!! Sure beats sat nite on the telly with your Mrs glued to poxy wedding programmes.... Laughing rolling eyes NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy