Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

slopes near london _ NEW MEMBER ALERT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
daverescue, I had the exact same quandry when my GF wanted to start skiing. I decided to go the dry-slope route, and to be honest I wished I hadn't.

Once you've learned the basics, I reckon a bit of time on a Dry Slope would do most of us a world of good. Personally, I find it a damn sight harder to ski on those nasty bristles than on real snow, so the my logic is that if I can do it on dry slope, then I can do it anywhere!

BUT, as a complete beginner my girlfriend hated every second of it ... in fact it very nearly put her off skiing all together. Thankfully, (and after a bit of convincing), she made it to some real snow and fell in love with the sport. I'm just very lucky that her trip to Sandown Racecourse Dry Slope didn't put her off for life!

I'm sure others have had a better time starting off on the fake stuff ... but from my personal experience, I'd advise against it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My Wife & Son both started on Plastic. They are both now Instructors also.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold wrote:

170 meters is rubbish. Too short. By a factor of at least 2.

I am not comparing plastic to the Alps. I am judging it as a standalone product. Plastic blows. Awkward to ski. Painful to fall on. Not to mention the unpleasant outdoor weather. 80% to 90% of all days in Britain are either, grey, cloudy, windy, rainy or damp.

Just had another superb session on the plastic, all 80m of it. Plenty of room for training exercises, can still manage 12 turns in that distance. Who needs 170m !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMHO if you can't afford to go to a snowdome once and pay for "Ski in a Day" lesson, maybe skiing is not for you as it's a tiny fraction of what you will spend if (no, when Laughing ) you get addicted. Personally, I did a course of dry slope lessons before my first ski holiday and, to be honest, I wouldn't have travelled if I hadn't already spent a fortune booking the holiday. It did put me off. Of course the snow, when I finally skied it, seemed wonderful Cool .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy