Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Skiing In Colorado

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
According to this article from the Casper Star & Tribune
10 skiers took advantage of a single chair lift running for mountain bikers at Silverton Mountain. Lucky people.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I hope they're using rock-hoppers. I've had more than enough experience of fresh snow with no base, and paid the price for it!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a picture here...
http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=18553
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When is the best time to ski in Colorado. I see the seasons start in November - how good is the snow then?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, best skiing in Colorado is March/April. But there is great skiing from late December onwards. Before then can be a bit iffy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I spent mid to late march in Vail this year and was speaking with a local. They said recent seasons March has been very warm, quite a few of the locals were going to Utah Happy

Truth be told you can never tell, Feb might be a better bet - that was their recommendation based on the last few seasons. Certainly while we were there in March we probably saw 5cm new snow in 2 weeks. I was skiing in a fleece most days, frankly you could have skied in shorts
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My only visit to Utah in March had me skiing in rain showers. That was in 1979, I think, and you have to allow for the fact that I'm a Londoner so I bring rubbish weather wherever I go, but it suggested to me that February would be a bit cooler and powderier.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More on this from the Summit Daily News

Seems it's not so unusual nor so rock hoppy as we might have thought .....
Quote:
It was the third consecutive year of September skiing.

Snow is available for early-season steep skiing at Silverton but business is not, Brill said. The area requires guests to ski with a guide at a cost of $100 per day.

"People wait to get into shape. Who wants to ski 1,000 vertical feet when your legs aren't yet in shape?"
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Here's a photo of the freak early skiing at Silverton last Sunday.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No, that's a photo of freak early lift riding! Or maybe a freak riding a lift early, as he only has on ski on Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy