Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Missions

Poster: A snowHead
Have decided to purchase myself a pair after hearing good things. Spent a few years out of the loop after doing a season so I'm not sure about what bindings to put on. I am bit unconvinced by Scott bindings, any recommendations??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got Rossignol bindings on mine, as apparently they're easier to put on in deep snow. I can't recommend the Missions highly enough BTW. And welcome to snowHeads. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 23-01-07 14:48; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that and also the welcome. What Rossignol bindings you got on there? Any others you might recommend to possibly try (its pretty hard to find info about good bindings without talking to people who have experience with them)?
Looking forward to trying the Missions out, especially after checking out the Ser. Chev. webcam Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
aren't scott bindings just rebadged salomon bindings?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jambon2809, I have Axial 2 120 Ti Pro Wide Brake Bindings. They seem to work well enough for me. On my old B2s I had Salomon 912Ti bindings which also seemed to work well enough. I'm not sure that there's much more that I can comment on about bindings.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that. Had a buddy who used to wax lyrical about all Tyrolia bindings, but then he was a demo skier for them. Anyone have an impartial view about them?

The more I see of the snow falling on Ser. Chev. webcam the more I can't wait till fri.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer wrote:
I've got Rossignol bindings on mine, as apparently they're easier to put on in deep snow. I can't recommend the Missions highly enough BTW....

Me2 Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jambon2809, I've only seen 2 people with Missions while skiing in the valley. Chances are if you see someone with them while you're here it may well be me! Please stop and say hello. Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris wrote:
jambon2809, I've only seen 2 people with Missions while skiing in the valley. Chances are if you see someone with them while you're here it may well be me! Please stop and say hello. Smile
Cool will do, out of interest what bindings u got on urs?
How has it been out there?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris wrote:

The only other person that I've seen skiing on them is Achilles!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jambon2809, my hubby has Look bindings on his, which are the same as the Rossignol ones. He skis in Serre Che too, but we;re at work in the UK at the moment Sad
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jambon2809, forgot to say, I went for the Axial bindings with the wide brakes, too.

Oh - and welcome to snowheads from me, as well.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jambon2809 wrote:
I am bit unconvinced by Scott bindings, any recommendations??

The Scott bindings are just Salomon bindings. Scott S12 is Salomon S912 for example.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
jambon2809, I've still got the test skis so I haven't decided on the bindings or the length yet.
I went up earlier and there is 12" of fresh powder at the top and you can ski to the valley floor now without damaging the bases.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Trying to find a dealer in the UK for a pair has proved impossible. Any suggestions as where you got urs?
latest report
jambon2809, I ordered my husbands through http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/ , but I don't know if they still have any. If you search on here for Scott Missions there are another couple of places mentioned too.
snow conditions
Thanks for that but I have some on order now. I spoke to a guy on phone at Ellis Bigham and he was so enthusiastic about them that although they didn't have a them he phoned around other places and his friends for me, as he was so keen that i own a pair.
ski holidays
jambon2809, apparently they're fantastic skis.
Very Happy
latest report
jambon2809, you may find that you're offered the rental version to buy rather than the retail version. If you are take it, as they seem to ski exactly the same, and are a bit more durable. Very Happy
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
jambon2809, I ordered my husbands through http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/ , but I don't know if they still have any. If you search on here for Scott Missions there are another couple of places mentioned too.

I got mine form there, when EB (or anybody else in the UK) had no stock - and can heartily recommend them. Good price, good service.
snow report
achilles, how were they in LDA?
ski holidays
achilles wrote:
Helen Beaumont wrote:

I got mine form there, when EB (or anybody else in the UK) had no stock - and can heartily recommend them. Good price, good service.

Me too.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, they were great on everything I tried. Form quite icy slopes (sure, you needed to put an edge on) to breakable crust - where the large "footprint" gave me confidence. In the conditions we had, I (or rather easiski) found just 2 turns in powder - the Missions were great in that, too. Toofy Grin

Most impressively, on the mogully and steep Grand Couloir, I felt in real control. Mind you, that' partly because the wider ski highlighted faults to easiski Embarassed which she had largley put right (where's a "phew" emoticon when I need one).

At the end of the week, I had never skied better. In large measure that was due to the acute perception of my faults by easiski, and her ability to put across to me ways of overcoming them. But she herself also thought that it was probably, in part, due to the feedback the Missions gave me.

Really great skis, IMHO.
snow conditions
achilles, ........ Happy Days..... Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
Well they arrived this morning! Really looking forward to hitting the mountain with them. Only problem now is that I have to stop looking at Skis all day and actually do my thesis corrections!
snow conditions
jambon2809, what was the damage all in?
snow conditions
Was £380 for the skis and got the bindings dirt cheap, £60 for a pair of Look PX 12 Ti Lifter wides (normaly about £120 in UK).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy