Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing with kids - DO IT!! (warning long post)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Excellent reading Jonathan,

This will be our 3rd year with our 2 boys - now 6 and 8.
We flew the 1st year - never again - diverted from Chambery to Geneva mid flight due to snow - waited at Geneva 4 hours for coaches to arrive from Chambery, followed by a 5 hour Transfer(weather) this was no fun for the adults let alone the kids.
Last year drove on a Friday, overnight in Hotel and arrived refreshed in resort saturday morning. The weather was equally bad and the hotel lobby was full of flight cancellation casualties seeking refuge (oh how smug I felt). kids spent the travel time watching DVD's and playing Playstation games - bliss!

In addition to the childcare issue! my two had morning lessons with ESF is this not similar to childcare etc?. I assume some opt to teach their own children to ski rather than have anyone look after them...?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Boris, agree totally, sounds like you have the family ski sorted, hope my younger ones progress as fast (for one it his first lesson on the real slopes), eldest (just turned 6) is an old hand and going into the next class up.

With younger children chalets are the way, the ones we have used are all well equipped (even washers and dryers essential when mixing children with snow), enjoy the planning and enjoy the skiing, my kids have been excited since about September when the ski suits came out in a wardrobe clear out.

today's snow (minimal as it was) was greeted with cries of glee this morning
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dsando, agree with the washer!

We've now moved to self-catering as gives us even more flexibility with the meals - and better wine Little Angel

Have started planning for 08 trip
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just re read this after 12 years!!

So the number of kids has doubled, the amount of pushchairs, highchairs and nappy changing equipment has definitely reduced but we're now carting around 6 sets of ski boots, six sets of skis, 4 pairs of snowboard boots and 2 snowboards.

Still driving down and loving it, now going in self catering accommodation as we have to go in school holidays and although I suspected it last year this year confirmed the fact that my 14 year old (the 2 year old in the original post) is now much better than me, landing 360s, skiing hard all day without seemingly putting in any effort and constantly eyeing up frankly scary lines.

I can still out Genepi him though!!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have 4 and 7 year old girls and we always take a day off from skiing on the Wednesday to spend time together either to give them a pyjama day, go swimming or long lunch where they can play in the snow. We feel this rest is essential so they have an enjoyable and productive days skiing on Thursday and Friday. I dont think they miss any learning by having this down day.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jonathancarty,
What a great bump.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I started reading the first post thinking it was 15yrs since you had last skied and wondering what age your children were... then thought to check the DATE of that post!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are child free ourselves but went to Meribel last year to the Esprit Chalet Alba with a big group of parents and early primary school kids. We didn't see the children after breakfast really. The childcare took them right through to an early meal then listening in the corridor when they were in bed, although obviously parents could meet up with them whenever they wanted. Kids seemed to love it, and I never thought the parents were dumping them.

The premium was spent on the childcare element rather than the food, although as it was right outside the Ronnie I could get over that. We did have the inevitable stomach issues though... Interestingly they have dropped the Esprit element at the Alba this year and are selling it as a normal chalet hotel without childcare.

Back to Meribel in a couple of weeks in a place entirely about the food - they designated it an adult only week after we booked Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ours are now 8 and 11 and have been skiing since they were 4 and 7, now in off piste classes with Evo2 and following me down most blacks when they're not messing around in the park. We always DIY and the Jrs don't seem that impressed when they see the Esprit type classes which is contradictory to summer as they love the organised mayhem of Neilsons etc when sailing and the freedom they have. We always eat out a couple of times a week in the evening and they hold their own although I've always been a stickler for table manners. They love raclette, fodue, cheese in a box and cooking on stones at the table but we always mix in a pizza or a poco loco for variety Depending on where we are we often take the Wednesday afternoon off and do something else, partly for a rest but also to see something different so that might be the Alpine Museum in Chamonix or Montevers or dog sledding somewhere if it's a purely resort village. In Tignes it's probably a 1400 finish on a Wednesday and a lazy pool afternoon but all with the same objective to make it fun despite the temptation to ski to last lift every day. I wish I'd had the opportunity to ski from their age on real snow rather than the plastic at Southampton Sports Centre and Calshot.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My two are 14 and 16. I'm just about still the quickest. We were in Austria in the Feb half term and my eldest and i shared a moment over an beer listening to the live band in the apres bar!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy