Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ipod headphones

Poster: A snowHead
I need some new ear phones for my ipod and was wondering what other use. Im quite perticular about having good sound quality so im not looking for something especialy cheap cheap. Plus I dont wear a helmet just a "woolie" hat.

What do you recommend.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I find Sennheiser 'phones pretty good, at the lower end of the market (since I invariably lose or break them, I'm not going to pay more than £20 max).

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 22-01-07 20:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
richmond, do you use the "ear muff" type or the ones you stick in your lug hole?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In lug jobs, because the others take up too much room in my pocket when not in use and I assume that they're noisier for those around me.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm a Sennheiser man - I have a couple of pairs of their "sport" ones which are sweat resistance and really confortable. One pair is the "behind the ear" sort, and the other is the sort with the neck band (which is nice as the wire only comes down from one side). Sound quality on both is excellent. Got them mail order from some company over here that does loads of headphones - can't remember the name off top of me head though.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Renry, I too am quite fussy about good sound quality. I used to use Sennheiser in the ear type headphones, then I descovered Shure In-ear headphones, they are great, solid sounding and block out all background noise because of the way they fit in the ear canal, however the drawback is they are not the cheapest of earphones available. Theres plenty of reviews of them knocking about on the internet.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just started using the Apple in-ear phones and they seem OK and also block outside sound.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Renry, another vote for in-ear Sennheisers - although I find them tinny on their own. However a pair of the foam covers on (as what you get with iPod) soon sorts that out. Think I paid £12 from Richer Sounds (are they still going?)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Richer Sounds are still going - at least I saw their shop in Brighton open recently.

I've tried the Shure in ear jobs and the sound is excellent, but when I'm doing things outdoors I hate having all external sound blocked out. I'd rather hear the 6ft6 16 stone out of control skier coming up behind me before feeling the crunch!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
petemillis, I'm with you on that, I don't use music or headphones when skiing I like to take in all the mountain atmosphere. I like my Shure in ear jobs when I'm on the plane blocks out all the background sound and lets me get some rest prior to getting on the slopes Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I listened to the new bose one the other day and sounded fantasic, although they may be a little more than you were willing to spend, priced at £70. They are the in ear type and come with 3 interchanagble buds, small, medium, and large.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
For sound quality, it's very hard to better Ultimate Ears Superfi 5 pros. But the bad news is that they cost around £145 a pair. The Shure kit is very good too, but even more expensive for equivalent performance (E5c). But they both make cheaper alternatives that are still way better than the best £20 offerings.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Renry, Sony, in ear rubbery things are ace for the price.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i like the sony ones too, 3 sizes of rubber bit just like the bose ones but only £30 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just ordered some Sennheiser CX 300 .

These should sit nicely under my bobble hat.

Hope they sound ok.

thanks for the help and advice
ski holidays
Well, just to spice things up a bit you might consider the Burton Audex range of clothing - they have a beanie with built in headphones, (they do a helmet too, but I see you do not wear one...), or perhaps their Audex jacket which is bluetooth enabled so that you can hook up your Ipod and bluetooth enabled phone, then control both of them via a control panel on the sleeve. There is a microphone and speakers built into the jacket, so you never have to worry about dropping your precious Ipod from a great height whilst changing tracks on a chairlift. Very Happy
snow conditions
Reny ,if you want music go to a concert, if you wanna ski .ski just stay outta my way on the piste when your concentrating on the job
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy