Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have a thought for the workers in the Alps................

Poster: A snowHead
I know a lot of you are all just worried about your holidays but spare a thought for those of us who have a business out in the Alps. Trying to keep clients spirits up in the last couple of days has been extremely hard. We are all just praying for a turn around as PhillipStanton in the Morzine/Les Gets thread in Snow Reports, says if we don't get a marked improvement in the next 10 days then it is going to be hell in the Alps.

How do you keep happy when you get emails like this 1st thing!!!

Info sent to us by Morzine TO on Friday morning:-

Bonjour

Aujourd'hui sur Mz / les Gets le domaine skiable est fermé mais le Télécabine du Pleney et le téléphérique de Nyon restent ouverts pour les piétons de même pour le secteur des Gets.

Pour le domaine d'Avoriaz les infos pistes sont sur : http://www.avoriaz.com/module_meteo/print_pistes2.php, mais les ouvertures évolueront dans la journée en fonction des conditions météo et de vent.

Bonne journée

SERVICE ACCUEIL
OFFICE DE TOURISME

Weather is something that us Chalet Operators can do nothing about and we are as mortified as everyone else about the early season conditions. Most I have spoken to are well down on bookings for Jan and early Feb.

Also think of all those 'lifties' who have no jobs at the moment. Most of whom would have had to pay for their seasons accommodation up front as we all do and no money now is a disaster for them all!

We also have many friends who have mountain restaurants on the Morzine/Les Gets side and everyone is worried about what sort of knock on effect this is going to have.

Lets all do our 'snow dances' and hope that a dump of the white stuff arrives before the 1st week of February!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If I was working out there, I certainly wouldn't wish to be contending with the conditions at the moment. Just hoping for a fantastic few weeks to come.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowandtrek, Hope things turn around soon for you all. I have been quite ridiculously optimistic so far (our holiday isn't until early March) so hoping and praying it's not misplaced. As you say, disappointing for punters, but much more than that you and other workers - keep your chin up snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowandtrek, echo petemillis, and Anniepen, hope the next few weeks bring lots of the white stuff! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spare a thought for residents of ski resorts, by the time the snow comes all the tourists will be here Sad Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We will not be cancelling our holiday under any circumstances!!! We will support the workers and residents, snow or not, by being there and enjoying what LDA has to offer. I really hope for all the workers that the snow that is forecast comes soon and is double what is forecast!!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowandtrek, Much sympathy. My nan knows your mum and dad by the way!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee, ???
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just been reading in the local Brighton rag that we're to expect a cold snap and likely snow next week. Council already getting extra gritters sorted out. Hope this is a good sign.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
petemillis, have you skied the South Downs? snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
laundryman, It would be great to have the opportunity!
snowandtrek, I also hope that things are on the turn for you all.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Well I can say that come what may we are going to the resort we have booked for. The folks there were great last year and I'm sure that some of higher runs might be open, I should also be able to get some skis from the same hire shop as last year. If we can't ski in resort our friends have told us that there are higher slopes that we can drive to in about 1/2 hour. I'll have to remind DH to put in some of those strong elastic straps so I can put the skis on the roof rack, I think there should just be room either side of the top box.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I only feel sorry for the locals.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
laundryman,
Quote:
petemillis, have you skied the South Downs?

Yep, on several occasions. There are quite a few good places when we do get heavy snow, with Devils Dyke being one of the more extreme. Shame there are no lifts though!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It looks like the snow is coming just in time for the Feb school hols, which should help the Alp workers.
snow conditions
I completely agree snowandtrek.

An ironic thing, though, is that one person's loss is another person's gain - whilst it must be hell for the owners of mountain restaurants on the Morzine / Les Gets side; the owners of the restaurants in the sectors that are open must be having a bumper season. Similarly ski hire places are doing well - but ski and clothing sales are right down.

I must admit that I'd hate to have paying guests right now.

I, for one, am dancin'...
ski holidays
Hey, been over to Morzine today, no snow but great atmosphere. How do all those little souveneir shop survive. Had a look in all the ski shops and watched he guys at skiset make conformable. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Yeah, we're all feeling the effects of the lack of snow so far this season! I work for the ski lift company in my village, was supposed to start work on 23rd Dec but didn't actually start until a couple of weeks later, and now me and my colleagues are only working 2 days per week instead of 5 due to not all the slopes being open and therefore having to share the work out evenly between ourselves... it's a bit of a nightmare at the moment but we've got a massive amount of snow heading our way tomorrow night, so things are due to change! Just in time for the school holiday rush too. Been trying to make the most of the extra days off by spending them skiing, but to be honest with the state of the slopes of the moment it is literally a case of slaloming between patches of grass... yes, it really is that bad! But, as many of you will know, this has happened before - the season gets off to a slow start but then when the snow does eventually arrive, it will often continue well into the springtime, so we could still be in for several months of superb skiing yet. Last year we even had (falling) snow in June, so who knows... Very Happy
snow report
laundryman, Seaford head, once many many years ago (92 or 93 I think). It's a long walk back up! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Had a look in all the ski shops and watched he guys at skiset make conformable. Toofy Grin

What's that, Lad? Timmy's fallen down the well again?? Puzzled wink

Seriously though, what's 'conformable' - something to do with boots, I presume?
ski holidays
Red Leon, they're footbeds for your ski boots.
latest report
Helen Beaumont,

Much obliged.
snow report
Everyone having a great time in Tignes - Seasonaires & Punters! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy