Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where can I get spare Smith goggle lenses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on Snowheads...
I went on my first skiing trip over Christmas to La Plagne (stayed in Montchavin; my boyfriend's family have been going there for years) - conditions weren't amazing but I learned enough to stay (mostly) upright!

I've totally got the skiing bug now, and my boyf & I have treated ourselves to another trip, to Les 2 Alpes on 24 Feb. I managed ok with sunglasses (gold iridium Oakleys) over Christmas as the weather was sunny all the time, but I'm anticipating it will be colder with more snow in the air in Feb (I hope!) so I want to buy some goggles.

I have my eye on the smith anthem ones, with sensor mirror lenses - tried some on in Cotswold Outdoor but want to buy them cheaper off t'internet (have seen a few sites). The sensor mirror lens looked fab in the shop for increasing brightness, but it would be good to have a spare lens for sunnier conditions - trouble is none of the UK websites selling goggles seem to do spare lenses, except for Oakleys. I have seen them on US sites for about $25 but I'm not sure about buying stuff from overseas.

So, does anyone know of UK stockists for these lenses, OR, should I just go for goggles with a lens like the RC36 which is more of an all round one?

(Sorry, I know there's loads of stuff on here already about goggles, but I've read most of it and not seen anything about sourcing spare lenses)

Thanks, H
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try here.

They are in Chamonix, but lenses only take a couple of days to be delivered to the UK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks rjs, they seem to have what I'm after. Will investigate shipping etc - must be better from France than US. Or maybe I should wait and have a look when I'm over there...
Little Angel
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy