Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Waxing question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After missing out on last season Sad I now only have six sleeps to go till I get to Canada am ridiculously excited and have just had to hoover 2 inches of dust off my 5*'s from underneath the spare bed Embarassed Embarassed

Anyway when I came back from Morzine nearly 2 years ago I never waxed my skis and the bases look a little parched - or that may be more dust ?

I intend to book them in for a wax etc but will need to ski on them for one day now I have a iron, I have some wax and I have all the tools but I wasn't very proficient last time I serviced my skis as I think I got the tune wrong as they skied horrible till I got a pro to sort them out Toofy Grin

So should I just leave them or melt some wax on your advice would be gratefully appreciated !
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Since you have an iron, some wax and all the tools, I would have thought it was a no-brainer?
It's worth buying Spyderjon's DVD to show you how to do it all properly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen LS, Worth reading jon's website for instructions on waxing http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/ if all you did was wax them last time problem could have been that you used the wrong type of wax for the snow conditions you experienced.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 19-01-07 16:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers will go and have a look - I think I went wrong doing my edges myself last time had done them ok the previous few times but I think I was a bit slapdash and that has put me off

Will go and have a look at Jons website -would have loved to fit in a visit to get them done properly but I am craply disorganised - despite counting down the number of sleeps for ages now Embarassed

Am off camping in the morning and still not been food shopping or packed yet oh well..........
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen LS, Watch someone who knows what they are doing when tuning (flutter eyelashes and offer to buy them a few beers). Get them to show you how to do it - make it a condition when booking your skis in that you watch. It's not difficult - just needs the correct techniques.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Scarpa, Thanks I did go to a demo at S&R after I bought them but that was over 2 years ago now - The skis have actually only had 4 weeks use so there should be plenty of turns left in them yet

I will go and hopefully find a hot canadian ski tech and wear a tight thermal top and hopefully I will then be able to do the job properly Wink

And the beers will be obligitory (as long as he is over 21 Embarassed )
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy