Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mozine / Avoriaz - Happy Days!!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just had this from Metcheck. Think I'll keep my trip for next weekend now!

Metcheck Snow Dump Alert for Morzine

Issued : 19 January 2007

Resort Height : 1,000m

The following forecast is based on the latest weather model showing the expected snowfall, amount and the freezing level height for the next 7 days, it should be belting down further up the mountain(s).

Latest Forecast

Sunday
0.8cm of snow at 1704m at 12:00 [Rain at Resort]

Monday
1.0cm of snow at 1834m at 12:00 [Rain at Resort]
1.4cm of snow at 1762m at 15:00 [Rain at Resort]
2.3cm of snow at 1688m at 18:00 [Rain at Resort]
1.3cm of snow at 1640m at 21:00 [Rain at Resort]

Tuesday
2.1cm of snow at 1623m at 0:00 [Rain at Resort]
2.6cm of snow at 1561m at 3:00 [Rain at Resort]
6.5cm of snow at 1414m at 6:00 [Rain at Resort]
4.9cm of snow at 1121m at 9:00 [Rain at Resort]
8.0cm of snow at 782m at 12:00 [Snow at Resort]
2.4cm of snow at 511m at 15:00 [Snow at Resort]
4.5cm of snow at 165m at 18:00 [Snow at Resort]
1.0cm of snow at -198m at 21:00 [Snow at Resort]

Wednesday
1.6cm of snow at -427m at 0:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.7cm of snow at -605m at 3:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.9cm of snow at -722m at 6:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.5cm of snow at -255m at 15:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.9cm of snow at -323m at 18:00 [Snow at Resort]
0.8cm of snow at 84m at 21:00 [Snow at Resort]

Thursday
3.9cm of snow at 188m at 0:00 [Snow at Resort]
2.3cm of snow at 139m at 3:00 [Snow at Resort]
4.3cm of snow at 161m at 6:00 [Snow at Resort]
1.3cm of snow at 81m at 9:00 [Snow at Resort]
1.6cm of snow at -2m at 12:00 [Snow at Resort]

57.6cm expected over next 7 days.

To unsubscribe from this list simply go to http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/PROCESS_snow_resort_snowalerts_remove.asp?rID=5907&e=jhallam@hallams.com.

©2007 Metcheck.com - All Rights Reserved
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jack Hallam, WoooHoooo. Looking good! Will be there on the 24th so hope this stays on track! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jack Hallam, Thanks for that -- Do you know how much reliance we can put on this? I am there for a few days from the 26th. If these forecast turn out to be accurate then it looks pretty good.Does anyone know how long it will take for the lower runs to become goodish, say, if there's very little snow now and we had say 12 cm over a couple of days -- will they be reasonably good???
ski holidays
 brian
brian
SP1R1T, the lower bits around Morzine/Les Gets are grassy pastures. 20cm or so would probably be enough to make them skiable. I'm pretty confident you'll have more than that by next Friday.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jack Hallam, Hope so, fingers crossed for eveyone. Feeling abit sorry for myself and others that have had or face very poor conditions, but ours is only a holiday and will be other things we can do. Nothing compared to peoples livelihoods that are being affected !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SP1R1T, As reliable as any other I would have thought but they change all the time. I've no idea about the required cover for the lower runs but I was there a week ago and they were absolutely bare so I doubt they'll be any good but you never know. I just hope the Pleney side will be better as I've not been over there yet and people say it is very good.

Had a good meal at Le Grillon and the one on the other road which has a fire outside it but has anyone been to any other good places? We're staying accross the valley from the main centre this time so will be nearer the library, are there any good places down there?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
More importantly the zero isotherm is going down valley floor level, which means that as long as there is enough water available the snow making beasts will be on all day and night if necessary - they will be making tons of the stuff even when the clouds aren't dropping their load. No sweat, you will be ski-ing big time by next weekend looking at all the forecasts from all the French weather sources
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Going out on Sunday - it looks like its coming good just about the right time. The first half of the week we could head up to Avoriaz side and then if the forecast is true, we should be able to spend the rest of the week over Morzine/Les Gets! Wehoo! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jack Hallam, Was out there last March when there was loads of snow, the pleney and Les gets area I we found to be fantastic and seemed to be alot quieter - espec Mont Chery area.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
BeforeI start let me say I'm a complete novice at interpreting GFS runs and hav only picked up what they mean reading these fora.

I've been looking at the GFS charts for Morzine recently and although its looking good it isn't all good news.

The latest run reads thus:

The temperatures fiannly drop to arouns and just below the freezing level on the 22nd with a huge precipitation spike on the 23rd. However, these charts correspond to the 850hPa pressure level at approximately 1500m asl. Morzine is only at 1000m asl a difference correlating to about 3 degrees in temperature, this means that lump will most likely fall as rain in the village and on the lower slopes. Sad

OTOH conditions should be great from the mid-level upwards and when the temperatures drop right down shortly after snow making will be in full force.

Hopeing it stays cold as I'm out on the 3rd Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy