Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pas de la Casa in March? Will there be snow?!

Poster: A snowHead
Hello - some may have noticed I posted at the weekend asking where's best for snow mid March? Looks like I have found something quite good and reasonably priced for Pas de la Casa 25 March for a week. I just want to double check that conditions will be ok around then? I've read about the lack of snow but is this likely to continue for the season or will it eventually come? I guess that once it does arrive it will stick and should be ok for a while?

What's the score with snow cannons? Do they work - Does Pas have them? Will they be needed?!

I'm a complete novice so any feedback's appreciated... Smile

Thanks, J
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I know very little about Andorra but in my (not very expert) opinion you would be very brave to book anywhere in Andorra this year - the conditions have been terrible and whilst they may improve it's a brave man who takes that risk.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JamieUK, No one on the planet knows what the weather anywhere will be two months from now.

Snow cannons work just fine, provided its cold enough.

It is likely that at some point this season (possibly this week!) Snow will come, but it could be gone again by then, or it could be 2m deep, you pays your money and you takes your chances.

But why not wait until nearer the time and book somewhere you can see snow on the webcams?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ther is more snow in scotland than andorra at the moment! Shock
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Want to get it booked cos I'm a travel agent and have been watching the hotels I like get booked up for when I want to go. 1 hotel I like has 3 rooms left & the other which is in Passo Tonale, Italy has 4 rooms. Whats the weather like over there in March?! Smile
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mm well i dont know if i would recommend andorra this year because if there is no snow there is nowhere else they can bus you too.however it is good if you are a novice as i took 2 children ther for their first ski holiday and they absolutely loved it! the ski school is great . the apres ski in pas de la casa is also very good and evrything is very cheap!! but there is a large hill up to the slopes bt there is lockers up there.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wot hotels you wanting to stay in?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JamieUK, Book it you will enjoy it whatever the conditions are like, asking about snow in two months time is the same as how long is a piece of string. Come on live dangerously.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yeah I know nobody can guarantee conditions - Was wondering what the situation was in previous years (ie have the last few March's been snowy!)

Out of Pas Casa & Passo Tonale - Where would people say has a better chance of snow?

Finally just how long is a piece of string?

Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JamieUK, I only know Pas de la Casa, so can only suggest you check the snow history records on the SCGB site.
Edit: The piece of string is always 6 inches shorter than it needs to be snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
late march is not going to be tradionally great snow even in a good year - pas gets warm and slushy. That said I had a great time a few years ago there the week beofre the one you have in mind. As long as you are going to be happy if not much is open (beginners only need a few runs!) then I don't see why you shouldn't go for it, but personalyl I book late for the best snow, and don't worry too much about the accomodation side of things.

aj xx
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was in El Tarter in Andorra last year, towards the middle of March. Skiing was great, if a little slushy towards the bottom, and at the end of our week the ski area was closed because of too much snow! So I've booked to go again at the beginning of March, but only time will tell as to whether the snow arrives. If you book early, you take the risk.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
a.j. wrote:
late march is not going to be tradionally great snow even in a good year - pas gets warm and slushy. That said I had a great time a few years ago there the week beofre the one you have in mind. As long as you are going to be happy if not much is open (beginners only need a few runs!) then I don't see why you shouldn't go for it, but personalyl I book late for the best snow, and don't worry too much about the accomodation side of things.

aj xx

I've skied Pas late April and the conditions have been fine although Soldeu had nothing skiable. However I go along with the other posters. Cover is thin now so I wouldn't book anything long term in the Pyrenees this year.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JamieUK wrote:
Yeah I know nobody can guarantee conditions - Was wondering what the situation was in previous years (ie have the last few March's been snowy!)

Out of Pas Casa & Passo Tonale - Where would people say has a better chance of snow?

Passo Tonale definitely.

It is both further North and a fair bit higher.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have Passo Tonale as being 1883m whereas Pas de la Casa is 2095m. Passo Tonale goes up further - do they have beginner slopes up there? I think I'm now leaning towards there after taking on everyones fears of Pas! Even if the snow conditions are bad by all the professionals on here's standards ( Wink) Surely they will still be ski-able and enjoyable to a newbie?

Thanks again for everyones comments! I've had another look through and have found a new Passo Tonale offer at under £450pp for 17th March inc learn to ski package, flights, transfers, & Half Board so it looks tempting! Very Happy
snow report
JamieUK, My first ski trip was to Tonale many years ago (late 80's) and it got me hooked. I think that the resort has been developed more since then but it was a great place to learn. The ski instructor was superb, one of the best I have experienced.
ski holidays
JamieUK, 1883m is the villiage altitude. Passo Tonale goes up to 3010 m and there is also a glacier (which is not suited to beginners).

Webcams and snow report for Tonale can be found here. Slopes could do with more snow at present although I think there is some more forecast for next week.

snowHead
latest report
Webcams make it look just like Pas de la Casa....desperatly short of the white stuff
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy