Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels, B&B's etc?

My husband and a couple of pals have booked flights to Salzburg at the beginning of Feb for a few days and are having trouble finding somewhere to stay in this resort.

I think they have chosen this one because they have never been there before (been to lots of other Austrian resorts) and because it's not too far to drive to from the airport.

Thank you! Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When exactly are they going? It's possibly because they are there during school holiday time.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DB,

Before the schools break up. I think they found a hotel or guesthouse or something but it was way out of the resort centre. They just want to ski in/out (or as close as possible) and have some nightlife closeby.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bridgit Jones, fill in this - http://holiday.skiamade.com/enquiry/ and the offers should come flooding in. Alternativley - we have space at the beginning of Feb - we are 20 mins from Shladming - there is fab skiing here too! Smile
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flangesax, any recommendations for bars ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Timberwolf, as long as they're open does it matter? wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque, partly correct ! They absolutely have to sell alcohol Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax,

Will do and thanks.

I will let you know what happens.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bridgit Jones,

Are they there during the 30th Jan as there's a slalom race?

Salzburg to Schladming bus link
http://www.planai.at/index_eng_3261_ENG_HTML.htm

The second best thing to a place in the town is a place out of town very close to a bus stop.
http://www.schladming-rohrmoos.com/winter/stat/unterkuenfte_e.shtml

The tourist office should be able to post you a town map or direct you to an internet map.

Tourist office Schladming-Rohrmoos
Rohrmoosstrasse 234
8970 Schladming
Phone: +43 3687 22777
Fax: +43 3687 22777-52
E-Mail: urlaub@schladming.at
Web: http://www.schladming.at/

Opening hours:
Monday - Sunday: 9 am - 6 pm
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB wrote:

Are they there during the 30th Jan as there's a slalom race?

I sincerely hope there is DB wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bridgit Jones, sport hotel royer is fab indoor pool great restaurant excellent facilities 5 min walk to lifts
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm thinking of booking in Schladming for mid March. The stats for the area seem to say there's zillions of drag lifts. We have a few boarders in the party and I can't get on a drag without flying off 5 seconds later rolling eyes . So are there enough tidy lifts to get around enough?

Also what about buses to other resorts / areas on the ski amade lift pass. Are they frequent / easy /free?

Thanks
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
justacey, Our group of six snowboarders did "schladders" last winter. There are a few drags but they can be avoided. It might mean that a few pistes will get missed but not many.
Be aware that as good as the resort is, a lot of the runs feel very "samey

We only went to one other area while we were there and that was laid on by the tour operator so I honestly couldn't tell you about the busses - although it's Austria so thet probably pretty good!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
the link between planai and haus is an unavoidable drag both ways from memory - other than that you should be fine - lots of gondolas and fast chairs.

Buses between the 4 mountains (haus, planai, rohrmoos/reiteralm, something I can't remeber/fageralm) are fine from central schladming. I never found anything to the other seperate areas included on the pass, but also didn't try very hard as was only there 3 days (gastein, maria alm etc)

Great resort we loved it. aj xx
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
a.j. wrote:
the link between planai and haus is an unavoidable drag both ways from memory - other than that you should be fine - lots of gondolas and fast chairs.
It is true, especially when you go to Planai from Haus. You need to take a long and then a short draglifts. And there is a 'long' flat section before them which may not be fun for boarders. It is no problem in the other direction.

And if you do not want draglifts at all, consider Flachau, about 15-20 mins from Schladming. This resort has only chairlifts.
ski holidays
Bridgit Jones wrote:
Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels, B&B's etc?

My husband and a couple of pals have booked flights to Salzburg at the beginning of Feb for a few days and are having trouble finding somewhere to stay in this resort.

I think they have chosen this one because they have never been there before (been to lots of other Austrian resorts) and because it's not too far to drive to from the airport.

Thank you! Madeye-Smiley

I stayed at the hotel Stattdor a few weeks ago and it was superb. Fantastic food (half board) and only 5 minutes walk to the Planai Gondola and bus stop for free buses to other areas.
Hotel Post also looks good and is probably in the best location of all the hotels in Schladming.
snow conditions
Quote:

And if you do not want draglifts at all, consider Flachau, about 15-20 mins from Schladming. This resort has only chairlifts.

that's the other resort we went to on a day trip. Only chairs. Good area to snowboard in. Lots of nice, wide, quick slopes with bits of decent off piste dotted around
snow report
boris360 wrote:

I stayed at the hotel Stattdor a few weeks ago and it was superb. Fantastic food (half board) and only 5 minutes walk to the Planai Gondola and bus stop for free buses to other areas.
Hotel Post also looks good and is probably in the best location of all the hotels in Schladming.

Stattdor and Post do indeed have very central locations. My 2p would be to recommend the 'Zum Kaiserweg' which is a stones throw from the new GoldenJet Gondola station..... lifts from which serve Planai and Hochwurzen
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy