Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flights to canada from the north!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having just got back from la plagne (well les coches) at the weekend I am as usual beginning my long-term planning the next trip for 2008!!!!! I am on that kind of post skiing high. Anyway - thinking about canada march 2008 with 3 yr old and 5 1/2 yr old.

Does anyone other than ZOOM or Monarch fly direct from the north to Calgary? We just don't do long drives to south and all the hassles! So just wondering what the options are?

Does anyone know when Zoom release flights? Do they provide any entertainment etc- ie would we cope with kids?

Gryphea
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We did zoom with a 4 year old last year - no problems. Did have entertainment, but was of the one large screen, rather than seat back type, so we took a portable DVD player along, with a selection geared to junior's tastes, and he was happy with that.

Have a look at http://www.canadian-affair.com/ for another option ex Manchester. We've also done KLM via Amsterdam, starting in our case from Birmingham, but retty sure they go from others too, with the first hop effectively being free.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Okanagan,

Thanks

I did check out canadian affair- but they just seem to offer monarch. KLM is a good idea, and then we could fly from LBA which would be bettter

Gryphea
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
During winter months its ZOOM only out of the north from Glasgow or down south to Manchester. Canadian Affair start in May. All others will require you to connect through Newark if flying Continental out of Edinburgh or Glasgow but htis adds US imigration into the equation. Could also fly into Paris or Amsterdam for connections but long winded. We go to Whistler in April and only booked the flights this week so have Glasgow - Toronto on Zoom with connection on West Jet to Vancouver. On way back its Vancouver to Calgary on West Jet with Calgary to Glasgow on Zoom. No doubt that prices this winter to Canada have risen since the lack of snow in Europe. Zoom on board are pretty limited with basic foods and water and soft drinks in economy. TV is as described by Okanagan above. If you have the extra cash premium economy offers five inches more leg room with better selection for meals and free booze, express check in and 30kg luggage allowance. Keep a look out for the detail of the flight as our trip to Toronto goes via Belfast and I know this is similar from Manchester.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy