Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to 3 Valleys March anyone interested ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Due to a new addition to the family my partner is allowing me to go skiing on my own this year.Last year was "Boring" bieng pregnant in Meribel apparantly! Lol.

So 38 yr old straight , Lager Drinking,Professional requires companions.

Will be going some time in March dont know when yet but not too fussy as long as snow is good and weather looks fine.

Drive down overnight and prob stay in a chalet or Self Catered (stayed at hotel Athena) in Brides few years ago which was nice free area lift pass included that year but have not started looking yet but open to suggestions.

Can take 1 or 2 people to keep it comfortable.

Share costs equally.

Last year:
Ferry 80
Petrol 150 each way (3 Litre BMW)
Tolls 60 - 80
AA 5x 50

+ accom etc

Will stay there for 10 days Min which will inc a couple of away day trips to Tigne/Val or wherever.

Would suit a good intermediate or above.

Regards Mark Smile

[/img]
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Topsmoke, Welcome to snowHead 's
Have you had a look at the MSB thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=21599
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

my partner is allowing me to go skiing on my own this year

lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky so and so wink

Would love to, but unfortunately have the Mrs and 3 kids in tow when allowed out.

Welcome to snowHead though and sure you'll find someone Cool
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Topsmoke, can you pin down a date in March ? or does it really not matter ? I can't really go first couple of weeks of the month..... I might be be interested as I've been going on my own for the past few seasons as i have a 3.5 yr old and a now a 16 wk old. Single supplements are a blast aren't they Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
Yes it really does not matter to me when i go March or even April anytime really, Sunday 18th March to depart would be fine if snow looks good.
Have thought about the Wengen trip (Thanks Linds) but will see if i can sort out a 3 valleys trip first.
Am located in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire so could pick up along m4 corridor en route to Dover or via Oxford m40.
Anthing goes really for the trip 10 days 14 days whatever, Hire a guide for some powder fun (ESF at Motterat was an excellent day last year),It will be a blast of that im sure and having the car means we can go where the snow is best you'll love it !

Go on be brave ask the other half if you can go Little Angel ! You know you want too ! You may never get this chance again !

Regards Mark Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Please contact me nearer the time , similar age, similar standard, CC or self catering .never been to 3 valley's . prefer driving , not that i dont like flying , its just the agro with check in , ski bags , delays, coaches that drive at 15mph up the mountain. Pick up Jn 6 M25. Rob rwd323 @ Hotmail.com
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I might be up for this trip as well. most of my mates are busy having sprogs..so harder to find ski buddies.. Age 36, prof male, boarder happy on all reds, most blacks and plenty of off piste....keen to go somewhere between 7th - end of March. Have driven to 3v 2x (courchevel 1650 & Les M) so happy to share driving / navigation..Junc 11 or M25 so convenient for dover.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It is looking more and more likely that i wont be going away this weekend. The complete lack of cover in some areas is putting people off from booking last minute , although it is due to snow up to 50 cm this week, in places.
This leaves me with less time to take the ridiculous amount of holiday I have to take in 2007 ( 40 days), So need to get in a week in March somewhere thats snowy. I am a good skier, although my speed is down following a collision, Im not unbreakable , i found out..... And would love to learn to snowboard, I can just about link my turns, just need some lessons to stop me getting launched off the front, and with drags/chairs. my mobile is 07768 022 191 Rob Dp
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,
Well am gonna say late evening Sat 17th of March do depart so if anyone is for sure interested drop me a e-mail with mobile no maybe so i can get in touch nearer the time and see if this is still the case,and will take it from there.

Regards Mark
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Topsmoke, Spooky, i'm Mark as well !!! i floated the idea at home the other day, and the reception was a little frosty ! Not dead in the water yet though...... I'm away to Austria tomorrow, so I'll check with Mrs T when i get back ( see how she got on with 2 kids !! ) I'm in Swindon BTW so logistically very easy !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi ,

Have booked Eurotunnel departure 04.22 hrs Sat 17th March. 4 weeks Today wink
If you wanna come get in touch.

topsmoke@hotmail.com

Regards
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry to let you down , I dont think it will be PC for me take 10 -11 days off work just at the moment. Went out in the last week of Feb and had a good , not great week.
Still looking to get away again in March , as I have a pair of Streetracer 10's on the way and want to give them a wang before the snow melts.
Rob
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No worries,

Still one place available as I write,Will be staying at Meribel Motterat again same apartment complex as last year (ski in ski out) total cost travel and accom is gonna be £320ish each based on 3 of us going,thats for 7 nights we will have to pay extra if we wanna stay on longer 60 per night for the appartment .

Regards
Madeye-Smiley
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy