Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting a snowboard in a Vauxhall Zafira....

Poster: A snowHead
quick and possibly unanswerable question - I am off to Les Arcs next week with Bungle and the Bungle clan (5 of us in total).

We're looking to hire a Zafira from Exupery to make the trip to Les Arcs but I'm not sure if my snowboard will fit inside the car along with the 5 of us (3 adults, 2 children aged 9 & 7). I am not interested in paying an extra €25 per day for a snowboard rack!

Does anyone know if this is going to be possible without having to take seats out or perform some death-defying balancing act across laps or stuck out a window Shocked

thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
zippy, not 100% familiar with the seat layout but you should be able to sit 2 in the centre row, and 1 in the rear, and fold down one of the middle seats, there should then be loads of room. We have hired one before and it was very roomy, plenty of room for skis.
snow report
 brian
brian
zippy, I think so. The boot space is pretty big as the 2 seats at the back fold down flat into the floor.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Take the bindings off & it should always fit down the side of the car.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
Take the bindings off & it should always fit down the side of the car.

lol yep that was my worst case scenario, take the board out of the bag and deconstruct it. i've got new bindings to fit this year anyway so i can always transport them separately to begin with.

thanks everyone for the advice!

(and if anyone sees a board standing by the side of the road on the way to Les Arcs, you'll know that it didn't fit in the end Razz )
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
zippy,
Quote:
(and if anyone sees a board standing by the side of the road on the way to Les Arcs, you'll know that it didn't fit in the end Razz )

You mean - if anyone sees a 9 yr old and a 7 yr old standing by the side of the road on the way to Les Arcs, you'll know Zippy couldn't fit them in the back seat with his snowboard in there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
zippy, Cut it in half? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SMALLZOOKEEPER, best thing to do with a board in my opinion.
wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
With a few more cuts you could probably fit it into the glove compartment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
zippy, I know they said the ski rack is no good for a snowboard but did you ask if it's any good for the kids to go on? It might encourage smallest Bungle to lean forward a bit more once we get on the autoroute?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, best thing to do with a board in my opinion.
wink

jealousy will get you nowhere, it's not our fault we're so cool that we have to get special transportation to the slopes Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bungle wrote:
zippy, I know they said the ski rack is no good for a snowboard but did you ask if it's any good for the kids to go on? It might encourage smallest Bungle to lean forward a bit more once we get on the autoroute?

i was thinking we could put Mrs Bungle up there so that we can get to 1950 in peace and with our hearing intact! Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What about that inflatable roofrack thingy, that should work for a snowboard. http://www.handirackuk.com/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Excuse me I do have access to this forum you know Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In that case Mrs Bungle, you could suggest that he puts the snowboard up his Shocked

Laughing Laughing
latest report
zippy, Yes it will fit.

Two years ago, I gave a family a lift back from London after a ski holiday, and at the time i had a hire car (Zafira). Managed to get 3 adults, 2 kids, 1 ski bag, 1 snowboard bag, 4 suitcases, and a few other bits and pieces.
It was a tight squeeze, think we ended up with the snowboard back, across the boot above the suitcases, and the ski bag was from the boot to the front seat down one side (stopped the kids from opening the door), and we pushed the rear seats into the forward position.
ski holidays
Mrs Bungle wrote:
Excuse me I do have access to this forum you know Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

you may have access my dear but it doesn't deflect the original statement Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FenlandSkier,
Quote:
In that case Mrs Bungle, you could suggest that he puts the snowboard up his Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy