Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Claviere - Hotel Miramonti - anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to take the plunge on our first family trip next year. Kids will be nearly five and nearly six.

Anyone got any knowledge of the hotel or anything odd I need to know about the resort before we commit. Bit early I know but its a big group thing.

Thanking you in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ian

How did you get one?

Our kids will be nearly 6 when we're there so interested to know anything helpful about the hotel and/or Claviere.

Cheers,
Higs
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have stayed in the Crystal chalet hotel on a late deal. Do not remember any other places. There was not a lot there.

Claviere and Montgenevre are fine for skiing. Sauze San Sicario etc are best done by coach - especially with kids; though there is plenty to keep you going on the Clav/Mont side.

It was Francs and Lira when I was there, so things may haved changed.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How was the Crystal chalet hotel out of interest? The rest of our party are in there.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It was fine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hotel Miramonte is a family run hotel. Mother speaks English but noone else does. We found the hotel okay for the two star rating. There is a lounge area with long cushioned seating around the walls. The dining room is adjacent where the bar is. We were in a large group and had the whole hotel. we had a family room on the third floor which was fine for us although we didnt put the kids to bed all the way up there on their own. I was aware that other families in our group were unhappy with their rooms mostly complaining that they smelt damp. i think this was because the hotel shuts in the summer. our bathroom had a damp/mouldy smell to it but we weren't too bothered. the food was good every night with a variety, they also fed the kids early with a child friendly menu which was a nice gesture. there was a choice of decent wine at reasonable prices.

Claviere doesn't have an awful lot going on. its a small town on the road to Montgenevre basically. Ski shops didnt stock anything very sexy and the 'tied in' ski hire shop was limited and probably not what you are used to, I did get some sexy skis off them which were a little to racy if anything, don't expect apache recons, B2's or anything like that.

There is a lift immediately behind the hotel which takes you over to Montgenevre, I think it is fair to say that this is the less popular side of Montgenevre but by dropping down the other side will bring you into the heart of Montgenevre. (More on Montgenevre in a bit).

In the middle of the town theres a dicey slope that leads you down to where the Italian ski school office is, there is also a bar/restaurant here. I spent a lot of time here with the kids. there is a magic carpet and a gentle slope. Nearby is a chair lift which gives access to the Claviere slopes and another near the top of the magic carpet which heads off towards montgenevre. the skiing around Claviere is great, long and in places fast cruising pistes, it is possible in good conditions to ski down to sansicario and hence the rest of the milky way. on the mountain restaurants and bars are better Claviere side than Montgenevre, we particularly liked the pizzas in the hotel at sangalonga, nice terrace there too.

I had lunch most days down at claviere in the bar near the magic carpet, the guy who runs it is very welcoming, there was a happy hour at four each day, never at ten to four or five to four sadly. if the sun is out its a nice spot.

Your ski pass should allow you a day a montgenevre, do it early in the week to see what it offers. I felt it offered more, on top of the mountain theres something for everyone, you do need to be careful cos you'll get quite a lick on up the top and those below you on the piste can be unpredictable. The pistes are such that they can be skiid by novices and better skiers alike to their own prefernce. it is easy to get back into Claviere from Montgenevre (although maybe not for novice via the pass, bit intimidating I guess) but, I might be wrong, you can only get from claviere to Montgenevre near the bottom of the mountain.

So hope that helps. I'm more of a Montgenevre fan than Claviere cos I went back with the lads after the family trip and it was great, no baby sitting and do as you likey. Its a cracking area overall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This is a brilliant place to take families in my opinion. It is quiet, but I don't think you really want anything else.

Some very good restaurants in the town and on the pistes. Notably La Coche, a skidoo ride away for an evening meal which is an experience. Especially for the kids.

The ski school has a good reputation. I find the locals tend to be a very friendly lot

The skiing is perfect for those who want to progress. The link into Montgenevre is quick and has been improved. The ski pass 'Monts de la Lune' covers Montgenevre and Claviere. This is the one that you want to buy.

I have no experience of staying in any accomodation in Claviere I'm afraid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had my very first ski hol in Claviere in 1997-it was the 1st week of the season so hardly any snow but enough artificial stuff to keep me happy as a beginner for the week,so i can't really comment on much of the skiing. I stayed at the Crystal club hotel which was very nice and very family orientated-i could of done with earplugs at times on a morning with all the kids running round chasing each other and screaming-not good for my hangovers but i didn't mind as the place was so nice.

The ski school was very good-i still remember my instructors name-Marco-he'd not long qualified but was very patient and had a great sense of humor-his dad ran the ski school and the karaoke bar and owned the village store too! I think they had connections in high places Very Happy . If you do go out on a night make sure you make it down to the karaoke bar-thats where all the crystal staff tended to end up after finishing up on a night. Instead of offering schnapps on entering the bar like a lot of places seem to do they would offer you these alcoholic sugar cubes that had been soaked in very strong local spirit together with a flavour such as mint,orange and lemon-very potent and a sugar rush too-i loved them.

All in all i think its a very nice little resort and i'd definitely consider returning as long as there was enough snow for all the links to be open.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Atomic_Mick1970, I've been at christmas for the past 2 years to Montgenevre i.e. early in the season.

The links were open all week.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy