Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Entertainment suggestions for drive to Alps

Poster: A snowHead
We're off on Friday, & taking my Janet & John cd - read by Terry Wogan. Its hilarious. Laughing

What other listening material do you recommend?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Apparently, Harry Potter audio can be entertaining.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loaded up ipod with most of CD collection and stuck it on shuffle

For the kids ahve a few childrens books
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We've used various long books. The HPs are good, and Lord of the Rings; it seems to go on for ever.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
geri, we have a couple of CD's of I'm sorry I haven't a clue,which always inspires us to play a round or two ourselves. Terry Pratchett kids books are good too.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I-spy should get you about 10 miles.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Badiel and Skinner's worldcup podcast (if you haven't heard it). Ditto Harry Potter.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Someone put Lord of The Rings on Audiobook Shocked I found it hard going reading it to myself....let alone out loud!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, I've got the BBC radio series , but not an audio book.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Would a few Chubby Brown tapes be a bit to unpolitically correct?? Wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Listen to Radio 4 on long wave, and place bets on how far south you get before the reception becomes intolerable.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Download TOGcasts, and listen to them on the journey.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We bought a set of DVD screens for the kids from Argos before the summer holiday this year - around £100 - after a 10 hr journey back from Anglesey with a 6yr old and a 4yr old in the worst Midlands traffic I've ever seen it qualifies as the best flipping £100 I've ever invested - that and a collection of kids DVD's amassed over the years. I also pack for the kids, 2 colouring books, colouring crayon sticks from Crayola - they're called 'twistables' and are the best kids colouring things I've ever seen - they are around £2.50 for 10 different colours, but I've now had a couple of sets for 2+yrs and they are all still present and correct - still working and the plastic pack still hasn't disintegrated - remarkable for kids colouring stuff - I've found you can reliably buy them from Morrisons Garages if anyone is interested in a pack. Then I raid the local bazaars through the year and find a supply of 'cheap as chips' books that they have never seen before and pack couple of toy cars and soft toys. I put the whole lot x2 in a bag between them on the back seat, and also travel through the night so they sleep as well. We have DH's MP3 player through the tape player in the car loaded to the gunnels with assorted stuff, but largely I map read - DH can't be trusted!! Last year I spent 5 minutes sorting out the kids in the back seat at a point on the French motorway where we need to do about 200+ miles before turning off and in that time he manages to take an exit onto a different road where we had to go 80 miles!! in the wrong direction before we found the first turnoff to be able to turn around and go back.

Lots of people here have mentioned audio books etc. Personally I can't get excited about audio stories, or talking/talk shows on the radio - I think radio's etc. are for music!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Megamum, I start to long for the radio to be able to pick up Radio 4 again one the journey home. We listen to a lot of radio at home, and it's either Radio 4 or planet rock, (DAB) although I do find it bizarre listening to the Alice Cooper breakfast show.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Helen Beaumont wrote:
geri, we have a couple of CD's of I'm sorry I haven't a clue,which always inspires us to play a round or two ourselves. Terry Pratchett kids books are good too.

They sound good! I quite like listening to stuff as I get a bit carsick reading.
ski holidays
geri, I can't read either, hubby likes doing the crossword, but I can't even read out the clues. Not carsick unless I read.
latest report
40GB...Ipod
ski holidays
Find out the story behind the Brown tourist signs seen on the side of the motorway.
Éperlecques, La Coupole and Memorial Enfant d'Izieu Shocked
All both amazing and shocking the latter particularly so Sad

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 16-01-07 23:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Quote:

Memorial Enfant d'lizeu

I was intrigued, but Google can't find this - even if I leave out the word Memorial? Que? S'il vous plait?
latest report
Megamum, Oop's typo!
http://www.izieu.com/
It's a very very sad story Sad Skullie
snow conditions
I'm definately with the radio for speech camp. Harry Potter has always been a winner with the children - even more than DVD player (because we can all listen) We have CD' s of Just a Minute, Navy Lark Clitheroe and other old time radio. But how can we record Radio 7 onto CD or the computer in mp3 format so it could be copied onto TOM TOM 910?
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, totally agree. One of the very few things I miss here is the ability to have Radio 4 on in the car
snow report
Alun Williams, er, I didn't tell you this, but ALL the Harry potter books, read by Stephen Fry, are available as mp3 downloads. Limewire is your friend Very Happy

P.S. I have bought them once as tapes and don't want to spend 2 months of my life digitising them Little Angel
snow report
If you've never listened to the Ricky Gervais/Steve Merchant/Karl Pilkington podcasts you should give them a go.

In fact I might just dig them out and listen to them again during my transfer to Val d'Isère on Sunday.
ski holidays
Stock the ipod up with the last couple of "rumour mills" or "fighting talk" which is good for a couple of hours for adult sports fans..

last year with the sister's family we listend to Storm Breaker featuring alex rider.. which was great in a 'kid's books on tape' kind of way.

A couple of years ago I bought a CDplayer that can play MP3 encoded tracks...whammed on 250 of them and drove all the way from Calais to milan without changing disks...
snow report
"I'm Going to the Moon" is always fun.

Pick a topic (let's say food, for an example).

The first players starts by saying 'I'm going to the moon and I'm taking ... apples'
Next person says 'I'm going to the moon and I'm taking ... apples and bananas'

Continue through the alphabet, each time having to repeat each object.

Obviously the degree of difficulty and amusement varies depending on what topic you pick.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy