Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Footbeds/insoles - anyone tried SOLE ones?

Poster: A snowHead
My inners on my Sal. X Waves are bedding down these days and I thought I might give a footbed a try. Has anyone any experience with these US ones- http://www.yoursole.co.uk/ - they seem cheaper than the Conformable heat moulded type and putting them actually in your skiboot (with your foot of course!) for the final moulding seems like a good plan.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gvj, I don't think they seem so cheap at all. I've been quoted £40 by Surf and Ski in Brighton for Conformables. The Yoursoles ones are £35 + £2.50 postage - think I prefer me local Surf and Ski meself!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gvj, not used them personally but i have had to remove them and replace them in several ski boots as they are very bulky and the moulding process had not worked properly..... i prefer to mold footbeds in either non weight bearing or semi weighbearing as it is the best way to capture the ideal foot shape, even fully weightbearing products which are done independant to the footwear can be adjusted to get a more acurate shape. molding blind inside the footwear IMO is a inferior method of producing a product, as the foot can collapse and you end up with a collapsed footbed.

sorry to P1$$ on your parade so to speak but this is the experience i have had with them.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And I see EB do Conformable for £35 and Superfeet for £32. Don't know if they charge extra for moulding?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gvj, those were popular here 6-7 years ago, in performance (but not race) skates mostly. You can do them semi-weight bearing (with an assistant) but as CEM says, they are bulky unless you get the slims which don't really control the heel much. The final product wasn't really better than a green Superfeet, except the bulk would usually be a huge annoyance at the toes because there wouldn't be much pressure on them as the moulding was done.

In sum, I think of them as mouldable Superfeet that can't really get much better but have the potential to smash the tops of the toes into the boot. I think I still have a box of used ones somewhere, sizes 39-42 mostly, variously ground, sanded and cut. The old Petersen Orthofits were much better.

Your mileage may vary.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
comprex, now now,
Quote:

The final product wasn't really better than a green Superfeet,

please don't give them that much credit, when we tested them agaisnt the superfeet green they were no where near as supportive....it's all about the shape Little Angel
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CEM wrote:

please don't give them that much credit, when we tested them agaisnt the superfeet green they were no where near as supportive....it's all about the shape Little Angel

Laughing sorry. Embarassed Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the info guys - as 1.I've been skiing xx years with no footbeds and 2. I've seen numerous patients of mine fleeced by various "orthotics" pedlars to no obvoius benefit - I'm loath to spend ££ on junk - I've got a broad forefoot & fairly flat feet - what type would be your recommendation Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gvj, where abouts are you located?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
That well known centre of all things Alpine - darkest Suffolk Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
gvj,

If you have a custom footbed made up, you should be able to transfer it to other boots so worth the extra.
I used CEM.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JT, CEM would make a useless Orthotic, he's too spongey! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Oi!!! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The question is if you were to use CEM as an Orthotic would you mould him weight bearing or non-weight bearing? The thougght of having him sucked onto the bottom of my foot fills me with dread!!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
dme, And him sucking the bottom of your foot? Toofy Grin Happy new year Alfie! Little Angel
latest report
whilst wearing that leather boot fitters apron!!
snow report
dme, A leather bootfitters apron? That would be some skin! Do you have a web address for "Elephant Seal Aprons.com?"
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy