Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 One Luv - Discuss Please

Poster: A snowHead
I'm debating on weather to buy K2 On Luv's, just hired a nice fresh pair last week and loved them. Has anyone bought a pair that can give me some feedback? I'm thinking if I loved them, then I should buy them.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That range proved really popular when it came out last year.

Frau Admin bought some One Luvs in April in Val Thorens. Being the end of the season she got a rather good price and, over two weeks, probably came out ahead compared to renting. She also tried the Burnin' Luvs which are exactly the same shape/size but a little stiffer due to the materials they're made from.
Quite a few Ladee-snowHeads got themselves One Luvs or Burnin' Luvs last season.

Whether you'd be wise to buy them depends upon how often you ski I guess.
One point towards buying these ones though is that they aren't always easy to hire. I was in a couple of quite large resorts last year where only one shop had any from that range on offer. Maybe they're more prevalent this season?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
See this thread

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=22925
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
admin, I hired from a UK shop and took them with me (less time spent faffing and not skiing when you get to resort). They will sell them to me less the hire cost but by now someone else has hired them and they won't be in the (almost pristine) condition that I returned them in. Ok so I only ski once or maybe twice a year but I liked them that much that I would want them again.

I'm going to check out some online shops to see how much cheaper I can get them.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PowderBabe, was it edge2edge by any chance?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep it was, do you use them? Should I buy from them?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PowderBabe, ironically that negates a couple of the key advantages of hiring. i.e. Not having to pay ski carriage fees and not having to haul your skis to and fro.

Compared to doing that, I'd say there's little argument to buying them - you will also need to justify your purchase by skiing more Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've never used them, but I've heard of them before. You might want to check with Beans of Bicester (www.beansonline.co.uk) if you want to keep your money in the UK and get a reasonable deal. Not sure if they have any in stock this year, but they had some last year.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
admin, The last 5 years we've travelled down to France on the ski train and you don't have to pay carriage. I just can't be arsed to wait for the hire shop to open, etc. Oh and we've been to America in that time too and I don't remember the carriage fees being that bad. And like you mentioned before the hire shops in resort don't always have what you want. They tend to have a limited range where edge2edge have a pretty good range to choose from. And I do need to ski more yes, am trying to pursuade the girls that we need at least a weekend away from husbands and children Little Angel

Wear The Fox Hat, I'll check out Beans too thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We have good reports on K2 One Luvs and heard good things about Edge to Edge from readers. So you should be safe on both counts.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mrs Muffin bought a pair before christmas - she loves them! I would recommend Devon Ski as I found them to be the cheapest in the UK and they were very helpful. They sell the full range of luvs - Burnin is £340 & One is £290 (non including carriage) - both about 50 quid cheaper than Beans (although they only seem to have 160's left of those two now).

HTH
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Muffin, cool i'll look there too.

fallliner, Edge2Edge have been good to us so far!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PowderBabe, don't know if you're interested in buying 2nd hand Puzzled , but you might want to check out ebay. There are 2 pairs on there (146cm or 153cm); currently at what look like good prices.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chucky bought a pair of One Luvs this weekend from Ellis Brigham. She had skied them at Cas on a snowheads ski test day and says that they were very good.

Chucky is hoping to give them a good work out next week in resort
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
libby, I've been watching the 153's all week. I am tempted if they stay at a low price, but I prefer this years colours so we'll see. Shallow I know...
snow conditions
PowderBabe, don't forget to try the German internet shops, for some good prices.

I bought my girlfriend the K2 Tru Luvs last year from "Sport Conrad" (www.sport-conrad.de) - I saved a small-fortune, and they only took a couple of days to deliver. I'm not sure what their prices are like this year, but it's worth a look. They also have a English version of their site, which makes life easier.
ski holidays
PowderBabe, I bought K2 One Luv 160cm last year in Tignes and they are great, I'm glad I bought them! If you've tried them and luv them, then go for it...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy