Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bulgaria Ski conditions!?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, this my first post. I have been reading these forums for the alst few days checking out info on Andorra where i usually ski, but this year I am off to pamorovo in bulgaria. I'm not filled with confidence about this trip due to the lack of snow. Has anyone been to bulgaria this year? what are conditions like? i fly out on saturday (jan 20th) for a week and just want to be able to ski... dont need perfect conditions!! anyone have any news about the area?

thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
see http://www.igluski.com/snowreports.cfm?btn=yes&resortid=264
Pamparovo not fairing well compared with other resorts in Bulgaria, but snow is forecast for later this week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jrt123, welcome to snowHeads snowHead Sorry I can't help with the conditions, but I hope that you have a great week.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jrt123, welcome to snowHead .

A glance at www.bulgariaski.com is worth a look at for Bulgaria info - just be careful of some of the propoganda flying around.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Weather girls on Ski TV say Pamporovo is the lowest snow depths they have ever reported - 3cm and 9cm at the top.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like what the SCGB says about Pamporovo:

Quote:
Pamporovo (3/9cm) is not fairing as well though and lower down the slopes are patchy due to a lack of snow following the warm weather spell.

I should think the slopes are patchy at depths of 3 cms. But they're not patchy at depths of 9cms???

Someone at work is due to go out in 2 weeks' time - I think she needs the snow fairies more than me now Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Check out http://www.skidvd.co.uk - there is tons of info about Bulgaria in there

J
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
At risk of weeing on any bonfire's this is the pic on the webcam at the moment, and i do know thi has been updated recently.

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi jrt123, welcome to snowHead

I'm from Bulgaria - you can ski in Bansko - the conditions are quite good having in mind the warmer weather. In the other big BG resorts - Borovets and Pamporovo the conditions are not very good right now, but if the snow forecasts are correct there will be snow until the end of this week. Basically you need no more than 20cm of new snow and the ski pistes in Pamporovo will be near to perfect because of the small deviation.

Have a great SKI week! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
vgsbs, i hope you're right about the snow forecasts. I keep hearing mixed views about these forecasts, some say no snow for next few weeks, some say snow in next few days. not sure how the weather prediction game works! hope you're right!

stevec, i've been watching that webcam with fear. think i might have to rent a mountain bike instead! Razz
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jrt123 > don't be too concerned about that particular picture (though it is a bit off putting isn't it?!) it's from the very bottom of mountain, outside a shop, not one of the skiing areas, under normal conditions though it would be full of snow and beginners groups getting to grips with their first snowplough. Up the top's meant to be at least skiable, but for how long is anyone's guess! Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy