Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding lessons/school in Meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for snowboarding schools/private instruction in Meribel.

I am organising a group heading out there in a few weeks and we're trying to get advice on the best/worst available there.

Two of the girls are absolute newbies, who've never tried snowboarding before. Would a week of group lessons be better for them, or should they consider using the money for a number of private lessons?

Another couple of guys have boarded before, but not in a few years and not on snow. They both want private lessons (either individually or together) and are just looking for recommendations.

So far we've looked at parallel lines, magic in motion, snow systems and ESF. Can anyone recommend one over the other for boarding instruction? And are there any instructors in particular that they should be looking out for?

We really don't want to end up in the situation we had in Andorra a few years ago where one girl on our trip spent her first day in tears after her instructor thought the best place for her 1st group lesson was the snow park! Managed to get most of her money back from that, but years later she's still a nervy boarder who thinks the instructor was right in calling her stupid and slow!

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm a skier and therefore not much use to the boarders in the group Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi mate,

Forget the ESF for snowboarding as their methods are too old school and it is secondary to their ski teaching. Also have a habit of taking large groups which is not what you want...leave them alone!

Magic in Motion, highly recommended as they are reasonable but have a great reputation in Meribel. Cool approach and attitude to boarding. I recommend them to friends when they have come out to stay during the season. they meet at the back of the main lift pass office (Tougnette lift building) but I think they have a shop in town where you can sort out booking..just round the corner from the Taverne.

Snow Systems are usually a bit more expensive but once again have a really good rep, I think they are more private based lessons though but this may suit. If you can afford it go private but it's not totally necessary dependent on group size..

Overall I would recommend Magic as like I said, they are the guys/girls really and are well respected without being a ripoff!

http://www.magicinmotion.co.uk/products/lessonClasses.php?resortCode=me

You will probably need no more than 3 lessons to get you going to be honest (2 hour sessions) as a lot will be covered quite early on and it's just improvement with practice from then on Very Happy

Have a good one, and enjoy Meribel !

Robbo
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was in La Tania last Feb and had 3 2 hour lessons with Magic in Motion. I can defo recommend them.

Trev
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rookt, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, I saw this registered just to let you know about the guys i went with, I just got back from meribel last weekend after having lessons with rtm. Absolutely amazing, I could already ride blue runs but they ripped my riding apart and put me back together again - so many bad lessons with French instructors hadn't helped - I'm now confident riding blacks so long as there aren't any moguls.
I think they are all British, I had a Lyndon as my instructor he was so patient and knowledgeable. Their website is www.rtmsnowboarding.com

Anna
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just come back from a weeks boarding in Courchevel, my lass and myself had lessons with RTM. They were spot on, my lass was a beginner and was scared stiff but had a great instructor called Drew, great fun, top class lessons and now can't wait to get back out there, which is good news. I also had lessons with Lyndon, top lad, and my riding progressed no-end, all the RTM instructors are so approachable, laid back but very professional. Defo use them again.

Chris

Both instructors were based in Meribel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy