Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Shop in Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Heading off to Morzine late March Smile . Any recommendations as to shops for ski hire/purchase? Puzzled

Thanks in advance

DrE
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
www.allmountainrental.com
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
doctor_eeyore, Philip Stanton has a place in Morzine & is out there for the season so I suggest that you PM him.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Felix ski on the Pleney Road has its own lift at the back so in times of more abundant snow you can ski in ski out, and leave your boots and skis overnight. Thus avoiding lugging your kit around town. Good choice of kit. (Last used it two years ago).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
doctor_eeyore, unquestionably, Francois Baud (http://www.fbfreeride.com/) ski on the route du Pleney (next door to the Hotel Tremplin) is one of the best ski shops I have even encountered. Exceptional care of hire kit.

Unhesitating recommendation!! (You can even tell them I sent you...)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
doctor_eeyore - in addition to David Murdoch's recommendation, Yves Travernier sports (opposite the tourist office) is good.

Frankly, it depends though on what you want to ski on though. Travernier sports, for instance, is great for Rossignol kit, but not for Salomon. If you want Scott skis (my preference) you'll have limited choice - you can buy Aztecs, but nothing else - so I've had to source my new Missions (when I pick them up) from smallzookeeper in Chamonix.

If you let me know what you're considering then I can ask around.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch, I'd agree with this, his kit was really well maintained when we were out last season and he had some much more expensive ski's available to rent when I had a look around - excellent if your considering buying some ski's and want to try something before you buy.

doctor_eeyore,If you are staying in Montriond then we used/recommended Ardent Sport at Montriond who now have a second small shop up at Ardent where you can rent and store each day to avoid lugging around ski's and wearing ski boots for seamless apres ski Very Happy . The kit was reasonable and no cheaper or more expensive than anywhere else. This would be a good option if you were starting your skiing at Ardent (free ski bus from the town). Ardent up to Avoriaz is a dark valley with usually best snow and its a good place to start your day.

The only other shop in Ardent is Lac et Montagne which I'd avoid personally as they are possibly the most expensive ski shop in the PDS, reasonable skis but boy do they know how to charge !!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Staying in a chalet central Morzine. Just off the Place de l'office de tourisme. I'll get 25% off from skiset; this may sway my decision. Not a fan of rossi; salomon or K2 or Nordica would be preferable i think.

Was thinking of buying, but given the reviews, would really like to try K2 Apache Strykers and the Salomon - eeks i forget which model Embarassed

So, in essence - a shop which stocks non-French brands, is cheap, has lots of choice, and looks after their gear well.

Or perhaps just spend half a day irritating the sales staff in EB @ Milton K?

Thanks for the advice so far...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was in Morzine last year, staying at a chalet which had a deal with Felix Ski - so each morning started off with being dropped off there and using the little drag behind the shop to get some height and then ski across to the Pleney lifts.

Two of us went looking for specific skis to hire during the week, Rossi Bandit B2 and Atomic SX12. We found that whilst there were lost of shops to look around, most did the French brands only. Could be a bit difficult to track down K2 or Nordica from what I recall. We probably visted about 10 shops before we were both kitted out with the two ski types we wanted.

I'd suggest looking in the area between the Pleney and Super Morzine lifts in the streets that straddle between the two main roads; lots of choice there.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've had friendly, helpful service from http://www.bergerski.com in the past - they're across the road from the bottom of the Pleney lifts & the little train linking Pleney & Super Morzine lifts stopped right outside when we were last there (2005 was last time we were in Morzine) Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
doctor_eeyore wrote:
...a shop which stocks non-French brands, is cheap, has lots of choice, and looks after their gear well.

You'll be visiting smallzookeeper in Chamonix then. In all seriousness, the local shops are fiercely patriotic and you won't find anywhere that meets those criteria. Scott, K2 and Nordica are all stocked - but only the most popular, largely piste-oriented, models. For example, you can buy Scott Aztec and Aztec Pros in 5 or 6 shops, but no-one stocks Missions.

You'll also struggle to find somewhere with K2s, say, that also demos them. I'm not saying it's impossible, but do expect to spend a few hours looking.

I'll have a poke around at the weekend if I get the chance.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
doctor_eeyore

Carribou Sports are carrying K2 skis - although I'm told that prices are up around 70 euros a pair this year over last year's prices.

The big Intersport (and a few other shops) are carrying Scott skis.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PhillipStanton, Thanks Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy