Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's Downhill Wengen - Look away if you've yet to see it!

Poster: A snowHead
Incredible finish!

Bode Miller was awesome! Well worth his 1st place in spite of crossing the line on his back bottom! A really incredible ski - he just seem to let his skis go whilst the upper body looks at total odds with everything else! A "massive" 1.47 seconds faster than Fill who was the leader until that point.

Didier Cuche put in another great performance for second with Peter Fill (Italy) third.

Michael Walchofer made a really elementary mistake out of the start and retired.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shame about Fin's run being stopped.....I thought he stood a chance of taking the lead (albeit on a tempory basis)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I missed that - his second run looked good, but he ended 22nd.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
He set off 3rd, but the racer in front of him had a nasty crash, so Fin was yellow flagged.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
He was doing really well until the flag.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
From the post race interview Michael Walchofer said he had another fault which we didn't see as the TV feed from the helicopter was playing up ..... but iit was all over for him from the start - brought back memories of Strobl's mishap. Great run from Bode, he must only be around 40 points away from the leader (Svindal) now.

On the gals race Renate Götschl put in a fantastic run too and Maria Holaus (AUT) did really well with 4th. I was surprized to hear during the interviews that Paerson (SWE) but moreso Kildow (US) both speak German.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On another theme - didn't those conditions look bizarre? People sitting on the bare (non-snow covered) ground, some in t-shirts. The commentator said it was more April than mid Jan!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Superb run by Bode, looked in control until the end. Suprised how many actually fell at the finish, most appeared to be outjumping the hill and landing on the flat, but guessing the snow conditions may have been not helping with grip at the bottom.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
srobbo wrote:
Superb run by Bode, looked in control until the end. Suprised how many actually fell at the finish, most appeared to be outjumping the hill and landing on the flat, but guessing the snow conditions may have been not helping with grip at the bottom.

They've obviously picked that up from watching me ski. Wink
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
DB, Wow - an american actually speaking a non-spanish foreign language - good for her! Not so surprised about ~Anya Pearson though. Of course us Eurosport dependents don't get to see austrian races - bah and blast!!!Twisted Evil

If anyone noticed, when Strobel was going back to the competitors area through the crowd corridor, he could hardly walk - must have been completely iced over. I think the hard snow and more bumps than usual must have made it much tougher on the legs than normal - and it looks horridly tough normally! I think they fell because they were just exhausted!

I wonder if Finlay was just too tired when he had to do it all again - he must have taken a fair bit out of himself on the first run, and he'd gone a long way when they flagged him down. Sad Still, at least he finished in the top 30, so he'll protect his start number I imagine.

Who noticed (we didn't see it) a certain Mr Raich ski into 12th position? 4th Austrian - Herminator was the 3rd placed Austrian, so he's still doing well. Very Happy It would be dreadful if he wasn't picked for the Austrian team in the Worlds - it's bound to be his last major champs.

BUT HOW AWFUL - WE'RE ONLY GETTING A 30 MIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUPER COMBINED TODAY - SHAME ON YOU EUROSPORT.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Looking forward to watching some live action next week in Val D. NehNeh

Val D must be busy as some teams have booked accomodation in Tignes Little Angel

Not sure if a certain team booked into the Alpaka will appreciate wednesday's music night which normally dosen't end untill 2.00 am Little Angel
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, there are still German speaking areas in America, so it's not all that surprising. With a name like Kildow I guess she could easily be of German origin.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
easiski wrote:
BUT HOW AWFUL - WE'RE ONLY GETTING A 30 MIN HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SUPER COMBINED TODAY - SHAME ON YOU EUROSPORT.

Or not . Just turned on the TV to watch it at 3.00pm as advertised. And it was just finishing! Evil or Very Mad . They changed the times without telling us - barstewards Evil or Very Mad .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
easiski wrote:
DB,

Yes, and they changed the timings, Mad according to the Sky guide it was 3-3.30, made coffee, sat down, turned tv on, and watched about 30 seconds.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
srobbo wrote:
easiski wrote:
DB,

Yes, and they changed the timings, Mad according to the Sky guide it was 3-3.30, made coffee, sat down, turned tv on, and watched about 30 seconds.

They changed the schedule because of the ski-jumping event. Due to the high winds the ski-jumping was delayed one hour and they filled the gap with the recorded slalom leg of SC.

The piste was in awful condition, Mario Matt was the first to ski and won the race. Bode Miller had a chance to win but made a mistake again.
latest report
Ah....that explains why I taped the snooker rolling eyes
latest report
 brian
brian
Mark Hunter wrote:
Didier Cuche put in another great performance for second

Poor old Didier, that's his 4th 2nd place in downhill this season out of 6 races.

I was watching the 1st Bormio race in the Suisse Romande among a big crowd of his fans. You should have heard the collective wail when Walchofer went 0.01s faster !
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
If anyone noticed, when Strobel was going back to the competitors area through the crowd corridor, he could hardly walk - must have been completely iced over. I think the hard snow and more bumps than usual must have made it much tougher on the legs than normal - and it looks horridly tough normally! I think they fell because they were just exhausted!

Yes I saw Fritz doing the gaper shuffle, but like Arnie he's prone to stupid slow speed falls. snowHead

easiski wrote:
Who noticed (we didn't see it) a certain Mr Raich ski into 12th position? 4th Austrian - Herminator was the 3rd placed Austrian, so he's still doing well. Very Happy It would be dreadful if he wasn't picked for the Austrian team in the Worlds - it's bound to be his last major champs.

In the interviews every skier except Maier said it was really difficult, Maier didn't seem to be going for it and was a couple of seconds off the lead. Bode said he knew he was going to fall at the end, but quite a few of the top finishers fell over the finish line or just after hitting the finishing area padding. Saw some amateur coverage of Walchhofer's second mishap. He drifted into the netti9ng at the side and took a far few poles down with him ( ca 8 at a guess, hence the reason it took so long until the course was ready for the next skier.

Good win for Mario Matt in the combined but to be fair the conidtions helped him. It'll be interesting to see how the pros perform when/if the cold weather starts and piste conditions return to normal.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy