Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauna

Poster: A snowHead
saunas most hotels have them but how many snowheads use them?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Garfield,

For sure, on a ski hol they are a must IMV
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hubby, brother-in-law, nephew + niece use them every day on a skiing hol, me + sister-in-law prefer a nice bath (no, not together you perves)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Garfield, I use them but I am only in there for ten minutes or so, whereas Johnny Foreigner often seems to spend the whole holiday in the sauna.

I also wear swimming trunks in the sauna. I feel this important -especially in resorts where there are not many Brits - a latter day version of missionary work, showing the natives how to dress properly, use cutlery, sit on chairs, that sort of thing.

This was the subject of an older thread.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Latchigo, agreed about the trunks... I like a little luxury, and here is where I am planning to have a sauna tomorrow evening. With 5 course dinners I think I can probably stand it if the snow isn't perfect!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, you off skiing tomorrow? Have a great time! snowHead (don't forget to take your kit off in the sauna Madeye-Smiley )
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, Plenty of Brits go to Obergurgl, so hopefully the natives are fully trained by now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Latchigo wrote:

I also wear swimming trunks in the sauna. I feel this important -especially in resorts where there are not many Brits - a latter day version of missionary work, showing the natives how to dress properly.

No no no!

The whole point of a sauna is to open your pores and sweat properly. How can you do that with a layer of clammy nylon over part of you?

On this one it is the typical Brits (and Americans) who have it wrong. We should be bringing the continental practices back here Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Garfield

I use them whenever available.

Nothing better to ease tired muscles ready for the next day.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Latchigo, Trunks?!? No,no,no. Unhealthy... had it explained to me once by an Austrian sauna expert... Where your trunks are in contact with your skin the temperature can be as much as 5 degrees hotter and (especially around your wedding tackle) this can be unhealthy. Furthermore you get a build up of nasty bacteria in there. Moreover... these babes will laugh at you
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alex_heney wrote:

We should be bringing the continental practices back here Happy

We'll have none of that kind of talk on Snowheads please !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bode Swiller wrote:
Moreover... these babes will laugh at you

That is preferable to reporting me to the local constabulary.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller, you are rather assuming they won't laugh if I take my shorts off...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
...they might still make the temperature of my anatomy rise by 5degrees with or without trunks
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Guys. A sauna is a no kecks zone. Anyone wearing anything in a sauna is tellng the world that he's got something to hide! And what's more the babes above will just think you've gone in there to get a look without giving them anything to look back at. Besides I really hate to think what a pair of bathers feels like at 100C. Yuk.
latest report
Mike Lawrie, exactly.

So, for the listers out there here's my favourite saunas and you should check 'em out...

(1) Olympiazentrum, Seefeld - that big rock pool to cool off in
(2) Hotel Central, Solden - flunkies serving cocktails to your lounger
(3) Katharinabad, BKK - huge
(4) Freelax, Mayrhofen - it has a bar from where you can watch the Russian floosies dipping in and out of the whirlpool
(5) Hotel Schalber, Serfaus - very plush and a swim-out pool
(6) Aquarena, Kitzbuhel - big & busy
(7) Hotel Hohenhaus, Hintertux - fond memories
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, I can see you've done a lot of research on this! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
cathy, ...and I dare not publish all my findings Little Angel
ski holidays
Swimming costumes are optional in our new sauna.
wink
ski holidays
what are teh advantages if any of wearing swimming trunks?
snow report
Latchigo wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Just quoting you to see these too again, Mrs P just kicked me, but it was worth it.

I love to Sauna. It helps with all kinds of things. Top tips:

Don't use the Sauna if you have a hangover (or at least re-hydrate first)
Never use the Sauna whilst drunk / drinking. See above.
Try for at least 7 minutes, rest for 10 and then see if you can manage another 7 minutes. This is enough time to open the pores of your skin and get the circulation flowing. Never spend more than 20 minutes in the Sauna in one hit.
During the last few minutes of your Sauna rub your skin / flesh, to help push blood up and down from your heart, this aids the circulation and removal of

If you can find Swedish birds / hunks to help this is always a bonus. Good Luck. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
stoatsbrother wrote:
Latchigo, agreed about the trunks... I like a little luxury, and With 5 course dinners I think I can probably stand it if the snow isn't perfect!

Not sure I like the idea of a five course dinner in the sauna Puzzled
ski holidays
Latchigo wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Just quoting you to see these too again, Mrs P just kicked me, but it was worth it.

Try for at least 7 minutes, rest for 10 and then see if you can manage another 7 minutes. This is enough time to open the pores of your skin and get the circulation flowing. Never spend more than 20 minutes in the Sauna in one hit.
During the last few minutes of your Sauna rub your skin / flesh, to help push blood up and down from your heart, this aids the circulation and removal of toxins.

If you can find Swedish birds / hunks to help this is always a bonus. Good Luck. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
parlor wrote:
Latchigo wrote:
Bode Swiller wrote:

Just quoting you to see these two again, Mrs P just kicked me, but it was worth it.

During the last few minutes of your Sauna rub your skin / flesh, to help push blood up and down from your heart, this aids the circulation and removal of toxins.

edit: sp.
latest report
Gosh that picture was popular wasn't it Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
D G Orf, snowHead
ski holidays
D G Orf, but I wonder if it'll beat...
snow report
Bode Swiller, probably but only because it's bigger Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bode Swiller, that's a steam bath, not a sauna, so it doesn't qualify for this thread anyway. Or did I misunderstand something?
latest report
Mike Lawrie, well this is a sauna and D G Orf, I hope it stisfies the need for bigger...
snow report
honestly boys!!! rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
Those EOSB'ers will be able to put all the above to the test at l'Oxalys especially as the Sauna is 3 or 4 steps from the pool Toofy Grin and of course those window's overlooking it all from the bar Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Cameras at the ready ..................................................... Laughing
ski holidays
Now I hate to mention this, but I thought saunas involved steam, and whilst some people might regard the above photos as steamy I don't think there's actually a lot of steam in the pictures Laughing
latest report
boredsurfin, I really don't think the lardyboyz will have the same effect on this lot as those girls do... or are you suggesting something different Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Michelle, speak for yourself Wink
snow conditions
D G Orf,
Quote:
Now I hate to mention this, but I thought saunas involved steam, and whilst some people might regard the above photos as steamy I don't think there's actually a lot of steam in the pictures
Umm well actually, no. That's not right. Saunas are usually very dry and at a temp of between 90-100C im quite glad of that. You can boost the effect by pouring water with etheric oils onto the hot stones, and believe me that can be quite... breathtaking. Frankly at 100C you could surround me with all the babes in the world and I don't believe I would be capable of taking more than a passing glance at them. And as for the effect of the ice bath Shocked No, sorry, but sex just isn't on the cards under those circumstances wink
snow conditions
Mike Lawrie, thanks for that, I've never used a sauna so didn't understand.

Now I don't like to bring this up, but I've been working on a 3d virtual walkthrough of a new gym and would you believe the sauna doesn't just have windows, one entire wall (facing the spa pool area) is made entirely of clear glass Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
[/quote]

Is there something wrong with this picture... ? it doesn't come out right on my PC...but if I click on it twice it works better.

wink Laughing Laughing
latest report
We were in Les Arcs a few years back, and there was a rowdy party of Dutch people in the adjacent chalet. Every afternoon, after skiing, they went down to the sauna, and then ran outside and rolled around in the snow laughing and screaming. Then the whole thing was repeated for an hour or so.
snow report
So here's the big dilemma... do we throw these two out for wearing costumes?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy