Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just booked for Superdevoluy for half term week, has anyone been? I have been struggling to find out much info so any would be much appreciated.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plateau, Welcome to snowHead, I don't know the resort but you can guarantee someone will be along soon who does.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Plateau, hello and welcome!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Plateau, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I can tell you that it is in France, near Grenoble, has 29 lifts and 100Km of piste. Where to ski and snowboard doesn't tell me much more!! Hope someone else can help!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the welcome, I've been watching from the background for a while. Great Site!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, it's bloody miles from Grenoble. I suspect you're thinking of Gap.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, yeah...sorry. That's the one I meant.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Superdevoluy looks a fairly typical southean french alps resort made up of 2 distinct halfs one modean in traditional style- the other yuky 1960s,i sent for details from their tourist office through their web site last year and they sent me through a fairly detailed english language edition of their latest brochure about 3 days later however i cant now find it ?The reason where to ski and snowboard do not list it is because they will have no reports on it and their editors tend to only vist the main tour operator resorts.in my experience you should have a fantastic time and it will feel like france unlike many of the better known resorts which quiet pistes ,friendly locals, affordable food ,good value lift passes and easy access to other resorts if you have use of a car,we look forward to full report on your return-good luck.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Plateau, How did you get on in this resort?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plateau, would love to hear how you got on, as my sister has just bought a leaseback chalet in La Joue du Loup (the traditional style bit of the resort, over the mountain from Devoluy) and we are going there for a week at the end of March.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We stayed in the new chalets behind the main (1970's) developement, they were ok and about 3 mins to the main lift/ski school. The main devlopement was shabby(toilets were the hole in the floor or had no seat which the kids enjoyed-not) and lacking any apres ski atmosphere.
The skiing was pretty good 100kms of pistes, decent snow covering which got a bit slushy at the bottom towards the end of the week. There were a quite a few very long drag lifts. We were there in French school holidays and it was very busy (our kids were in ski school groups of upto 17 and didn't come on as well as when we have been to Austria.)
We skied over to La Joue du Loup and it was much easier on the eye and much easier to get back onto the chairlift. There wasn't as much skiing on that side but it was very easy to ski between the resorts (sorry gamekeeper that is all I can tell you).
It was our first time in France and overall we had a good time but we will not be going back to this resort, I think part of it is that self catering is not for us (cleaning room at the end of the week etc) we prefer half board and the apres ski atmosphere we have experienced in Austria.
Having said all that I hope you enjoy yourself and it should be quieter at the end of the month.
Cheers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forgot to mention it took 4hrs on the bus from Lyon due to volume of traffic (School hols) but only 3hrs on the return.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Many thanks for your report. don't think we'll be bothering although the price does make it attractive.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I find the self-catering packages offered by tour ops are far inferior to private accommodation. It is normal for the French to clean before they leave, but most places you can pay a small cleaning charge so you don't have to do it yourself.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy