Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is anyone bothering to book trips still?

Poster: A snowHead
DB, i'd rather snowboard off piste too, but you get what you get, and you make the best of it. Last year i spent so much time off piste that my piste riding went to crap! This year its much improved already!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowangel.,

I can piste ski at night during the week.

My worry is that the winter breaks and I've used holiday to ski poor snow when I could of saved it for powder days. If the powder days don't come this season I can always carry the holiday over to next year or go on more ski touring days in the spring.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I would never cancel a holiday! People that do are mad! Im off to mayrhofen next month and I cant wait, yes the snows not great but there's some there. Plus last season we saw snow late in the season, I was in italy and had heavy snow in april! snowHead

LINK TO LIVE WEBCAMS IN MAYRHOFEN
http://www.mayrhofen.at/index.php?id=803&L=2
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
loffers, looks like I may be mad, then. I am waiting easiski's report Saturday night before making a decision.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We have a steady stream of email and telephone enquiries and I made four bookings yesterday alone - my colleagues similar. I've had one or two people, who have already booked, consider cancelling but none have actually cancelled. General mood, that I perceive, is optimism. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen, I remember a village BBQ. Appalling weather. But there was a full attendance, everyone sitting round in their rain wear. Mrs achilles was most upset that I wanted to up sticks and go home early. I don't have the stoic attitude of pretending a situation is fun - when it isn't. I have no wish to ski on a mixture of boiler plate, stones, and rocks. I still hope I won't have to - and, as I said, will wait for easiski's report.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

any recommendations for w/c 3rd or 10th March...

Yes, strong recommendation that you go for 10 March if planning on France, as the week beginning the 3rd will be very busy with French holidays (?Paris I think, worst of the lot).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The arguments for booking well ahead this season are no different from any other year. We didn't know a month in advance what the weather was going to be doing in 1986, 1996 or 2006 and we don't know now. Groups of friends/family visiting our apartment have no choice but to book up well in advance and take their chances. The half term return flights I booked for one family of 5 have gone up from £55 per head return to £200, which they could never have afforded. I will be booking them some private lessons in advance, too. But my son, with a flexible job, no dependents, a discount season lift pass, a liking for off-piste skiing and a willingness to doss down on the sofa bed will keep an eye on the forecasts, and can jump on a flight from gatwick early on a Tuesday morning when it's cheap. If he's here when the snow is really rubbish (as Christmas 2002 in the rain) he'll jump right back to Gatwick and get back to work and earn some money and keep his eye on the forecasts again.... There's no right or wrong answer, it depends on your circumstances and attitude.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well said Pam W.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
TAKE A CHANCE
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
...with eating snow? Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[quote="pam w There's no right or wrong answer, it depends on your circumstances and attitude.[/quote]
Absolutely agree - to many people, a ski holiday with poor or non-existent snow is simply not worthwhile - to others, it matters less, and they make the most of lovely scenery, different ambience, late nights with friends, long lie-ins etc. We are going en famille to the PdS 3/3 - not looking good now, but who knows by then? Even if skiing is impossible, we'll still have a good time and save the ski hire/lift pass/ski school money for next year. Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
laundryman, only if its yellow...!!!! snowHead rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the PdS 3/3 - not looking good now, but who knows by then

will be fantastic snow, I bet (the season may have hardly started, but it will be starting long before then) though a bit busy with the French school hols. No chance of going the following week, Anniepen?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK. I've been given a good talking to by Mrs achilles, my regular skiing buddy - and easiski. I'm in. But I'll be wearing my walking boots when I fly out Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
achilles, best to do so anyway. If there's snow you can wear them round the resort, if there's no snow you can go walking.
latest report
pam w, No - everyone has juggled things to get the same week. We booked this early last year as we are a grop of 10 (poss an extra 2 coming too), and wanted a nice chalet, good spot etc. They are fully booked the following week and we didn't know at the time about the French hols. Never mind, it's a quietish resort so may not be such a magnet to the Parisians wink
snow report
We've been in the alps for 3 weeks now - 2 in Val Thorens and 1 in Zermatt. The weather has been mostly sunny and warm, perfect skiing weather! We had 2 full days of snow in Val Thorens around 1st Jan and that provided plenty of powder, and improved the off-piste considerably. Zermatt has plenty of snow, albeit a bit icy in places, but all perfectly skiiable.

We're on a 6 week trip and if we'd believed all the doom-sayers in the UK before we left we would've cancelled and I'd be stuck in a boring office right now instead of looking at the beautiful Zermatt scenery! Conditions are not that bad, okay there have been better years, but pick a high resort and enjoy the skiing!
ski holidays
achilles,

Good on you, You have ski testing, route planning and snow reports to do. We'll be out there shortly and need to know stuff...Laughing
ski holidays
I've skied and boarded for 27 of the 29 days I have spent so far in St Anton. Although it hasn't been the best season by a long way I have skied powder as well as hardpack.

One of the days I missed was because of rain (the other was New Years Day - when I didn't leave my apartment at all because of man-made flu)

On one day I finished at 12:30 'cause of rain.

Otherwise, I have enjoyed skiing different types of snow conditions, practising following a couple of lessons, boarding on a few days, apres ski etc etc.

Like Frosty the Snowman says, Positive Mental Attitude.

stephen buck, enjoy the cruise and poor micksup, enjoy being cruisified by snowheads mistaking you for stephen buck.
snow conditions
This year is the year to book ski holidays to the Pacific Northwest: Mt. Hood or Mt. Bachelor, Oregon; Mt. Baker or any of the Snoqualmie resorts in Washington State; or Whistler/Blackcomb, British Columbia. Even the Rockies are a decent bet, though the snow is better in the Cascades and the Coastal Range.

The £:US$ exchange rate is most favourable right now, so why not book for the States? Airfare isn't too bad, lodging is affordable.... seems like you can't lose.

And here I am, booked for a trip to the Ski Amade region in mid-to-late February. Granted, even the Alps have more snow than the Green and White Mountains in New England.....
latest report
Hi guys, I've booked a week's holiday in Italy - Dolomites, and 5 days in Kitzbuhel. Booked months ago for our big ski hol in Europe from Australia. The reports and livecams look like Australia during a VERY BAD ski season!! (Yes we DO get snow here for about 3-4 months).
Far too much brown snow showing! Sad

Kitzbuhel's official website says it still has 26cms snow on the mountain, but that's only melted 2 cms in about 10 days of sunshine and rain! Methinks I smell a rat. Maybe we should have gone to the USA or Japan after all??

Hopefully weather forecasts of snow later are correct - 5 weeks to go.....
snow report
Welcome to snowHeads Sunmargo! snowHead

I'm off to Kitzbuhel but in 4 days time - I'll let you know what conditions are like! I think they have had some bits of fresh snow which has been enough to keep the upper slopes topped up. This week may be the killer with some high temperatures forecast and rain on the upper slopes. But it is forecast to be cold and snowy next week - fingers crossed! Toofy Grin

With 5 weeks to go I'm sure you'll be fine - that'll be the peak of the season.

PS I had a weekend at Mount Buller many years ago Very Happy
snow report
Hi

I'm also off to Kitzbuhel this Saturday. I don't think the conditions will be the same as when I was there last March but I'm still looking forward to going as it is a lovely place. I'm just going to go to ski school again for my second week. Hopefully the ski instructors will know where to go. All the weather forecasts are looking promising for next week and my reasoning is that it can't be that warm there if the Schwarzee is still frozen enough for people to walk on.
snow report
Go high, look out for occassional rocks and have a wry grin when skiing all day long and thinking of the doom and gloom merchants reading daily weather reports:-D Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Welcome to snowHeads topcat! snowHead I'll look out for you on the slopes wink Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy