Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help - Verbier accommodation (25th - 27th Jan)

Poster: A snowHead
Myself and 3 friends have booked flights to Geneva on Thurs 25th, returning on Sun 28th, and had been hoping to stay in Verbier. However, every hotel I've contacted either doesn't have any availability for the Saturday night or only does Sat - Sat bookings (which is understandable).

Does anyone have any good ideas? Much appreciated Smile Confused
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alan empty,
Have you tried the tourist office I found a couple of offers from them last year. I got in at Hotel les touristes cheap and basic but clean.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks T Bar, Les Touristes couldn't help unfortunately. Nope, I haven't tried the tourist office yet - I'll do that tomorrow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try the Hotel Gietroz down in Le Chable, and get the bubble up form there.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alan empty, Hotel Gietroz details here. We're staying there next Friday, but getting the Postbus up to Verbier since we'll have luggage etc.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Steve Sparks wrote:
Try the Hotel Gietroz down in Le Chable, and get the bubble up form there.

Or go over to the other side, which has some of the best tree skiing I have ever done, if that's your thing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We stayed at the Gietroz several times pre-shack.
Simple, clean, friendly.
It is exactly what you expect it to be.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try Peak Ski as they've a few chalets in Verbier.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alan empty, try www.mountainbeds.com
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
alan empty, on verbinet there's a last minute offers bit top right of the home page and Peak Ski have a £250 offer for the week which is a proper bargain - we've paid £416 for the same week Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
alan empty - if you get stuck then you could give Glenn a ring. I'll PM you the number.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone!

Steve Sparks, RachelQ, rungsp, thanks for the Gietroz recommendation - gave them a call tonight, but no luck, but sounds like a good place if I do this again next year.

However, found somewhere else in Le Chable which could put us up for the Saturday, so booked that and am currently arranging for somewhere back up in Verbier on the Thurs and Fri. So not ideal but should be OK I think. What's Le Chable like in the evening? Does it have a few decent restaurants and bars? Or even one half-decent bar will do Smile

hedley, got an email back from mountainbeds this evening but just after booking elsewhere, so have saved the link for another time. Cheers.

PhillipStanton, thanks, I was thinking it might come to sleeping on Glenn's floor but thankfully not (for Glenn's sake at least)!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
flicksta wrote:
Or go over to the other side, which has some of the best tree skiing I have ever done, if that's your thing

I love tree skiing but I'm assuming it's unlikely to be too good in 2 weeks' time.
I'm planning on getting over there during my trip in March though.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can see you have already booked but for anyone else, why not try Val Thorens?

I have yesterday booked a 2 day stay in VT. It wasnt so much a question of what do they have, but more when do you want! Reasonable accomodation, €90 - €105 (single occupancy of a double), try the Hotel Bel Horizon or the Marmotte. For short stays there is usually a premium. Also as this is (reportedly) the highest resort in the alps, if there is no snow here, then there 's no snow anywhere!

Glad you sorted accomodation out! The snow's a comming!.... sometime... sometime soon... maybe.... possibly... no definately! wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Several nice spots in Le Chable:
Le Rossbif is a nice bar, run by a Brit' called John who is a very long time Verbier resident.
Nice vibe and good pizza.
Mixture crowd of locals, saissonaires and tourists.
If you go there mention to John that I sent you (I am Janek). He gave me a free Vin Chaud at new year...the least I can do is send him some more customers!

The bar Ruinnettes is a lively spot, lots of saissonaires there too.

In the town square is a very nice restaurant called La Tsana. Exceptional wine list. All locally sourced food, friendly too.
Really very good indeed, about 100chf for a very nice meal, would easily be double that price if it was up the hill.

Several other spots but these will more than do you for a night!
ski holidays
BMF_Skier, yep, Val Thorens was on my short list of resorts to turn to next. Have fun!

rungsp, thanks, sounds just like the sort of recommendations I was after. Looking forward to seeing Le Chable (even if it is only one night) as I've not managed to get down there on my previous 2 trips to Verbier.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy