Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LAST CHANCE

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I know this is an odd request but last week my sister in law was due to go on her first ski holiday with her collage, unfortunately she had an accident and has not been abe to go. Sad She is really p*** off as she was so looking forward to going. I just wondered if anyone knew a holiday that sort of did a learn to ski package as she would be on her own and only 17, during Feb 18th week or after 5th April. she has never skiied before so doesn't need abig resort but very few funds as the collage trip was only £500 all inclusive and tuition. WE could help her a little but we don't have much to add either as we have just paid for our holiday.
Any suggestions from you good people would be gratefully received as she is up with me for the week recuperating and I would love to be able to cheer her up Madeye-Smiley
Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Surreynanny,

Simon Butler Skiing does instructional holidays in Megève, France. They creep in just under £500 for the April week, but there is a 30% single supplement. However, the week after is £400 with no single supplement (if I'm reading the info on their site correctly).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think that the SCGB do trips for 'young persons', as I believe they're called. Whether they do them for beginners and at the time and price that would suit your sister in law, I don't know. TOs often offer special learn to ski weeks, with all in packages of lessons and kit in beginner friendly resorts.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you will ring them tomorrow Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Surreynanny, she's 17, female, and wants to holiday with someone alone !! Twisted Evil
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surreynanny, she could try Oak Hall. They would welcome her. They are very reasonably priced (and fairly basic), but they are a very friendly bunch and welcome singles (though she would probably have to share with other girls her age). They offer ski lessons and equipment http://www.oakhall.co.uk/pages/winter07.asp Cheapest would be the overnight coach, but you can fly to most of their places too. They are a Christian based organisation, but it would be easy for her to avoid the religious bit if that if it wasn't to her liking.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't know if the Ski Club of GB ever do beginner holidays. Certainly there are none among those holidays still to happen this year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Where's DGOrf when you need him? wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque wrote:
Where's DGOrf when you need him? wink

Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ucpa.com might be worth a look.

Accomodation is similar to that of a Hostel (2 bunk beds in a VERY small room) but it is full board, lessons, lift pass and equipment all included in the price, no flights or transfers though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy