Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurostar to Aime La Plagne & Bourg St Maurice - transfers to resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I have searched and can't find a thread to help me !

We want to give the Eurostar a go as we live close to Ashford, but have never been to France skiing so have not got a clue what things cost ... we are planning to go to la Plagne.

We hope to ge the Eurostar out to Aime La Plagne and come back from Bourg St Maurice.

Can anyone give me a idea how much a taxi will cost us from Aime into the main resort area of La Plagne - any suggestions of local companies we could pre book a transfer with would be handy .....
Coming back we want to catch the train from Bourg St Maurice as don't fancy the indirect route via paris having to change and get the metro with skis ! (has anyone done the transfer from Paris de Lyon to Paris Nord with skis on Metro or via taxi ??)
Can anyone help with advice on how much a taxi from la Plagne to Bourg St Maurice might cost and how long it might take ?

Any advice or experiances to relate about using the Eurostar snow train also gratefully recieved ....

Also as we are trying to do a DIY package if anyone can suggest any nice hotel/apartments ski in/out which are resonably priced for 3 in La Plagne that too woudl be helpful. We are planning to go on 3rd Feb for one week ....

Thanks in advance to all ....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dtol, Hiya and welcome

I've travelled via E star for the past 4 seasons, using the Friday night service and found it extremely good. We've always booked a cab via Erma Low and it generally costs about £100 for both legs. This year we're meeting up with friends and getting the bus from Moutiers to La Tania, they start running at 0545!! in half term.

For the journey back it only stops at Bourg and Moutiers but we didn't have to change annywhere.

As for the journey I find it helps to take a bottle of wine (2) and a picnic of some sort as the buffet car gets rammed. Never had any trouble with space for skis/kit etc. Now the kids have reached near adult size there's a bit less room but still manage to sleep OK.

The great benefit is 8 whole days skiing rather than 6 and first in the queue at the ski hire shop!!

Have fun Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dtol, I've been told 30-40 mins to Les Coches from BSM, depending on traffic (& weather I guess).

Some places will do the transfer for you (for example we're staying with La Source who will meet us off the train).
We've not stayed in La Plagne before so can't recommend anywhere, but we did also nearly book with Smitten by Snow (no link to hand) as they looked pretty good, too.

Taxi company list: http://www.la-plagne.com/en/un_taxi.phtml
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dtol, changing from Paris de Lyon to Paris Nord with skis is very easy and cheap, theres always loads of taxis and takes about 5min.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dtol, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks to all for your helpful comments .... we are now booked on the Eurostar .....and with smitten by snow ... again many thanks.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy