Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Off to Les Arcs 2000 on 13th....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well it doesn't appear too bad from what I can find out, anyone just been or out there at the mo to give me a better idea of the conditions?
Cheers all snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Jo,

This link gives some good updates on coditions and pics for Les Arcs, plus there are also some links to local forecasts.

http://mysnowsports.com/Blogs/mode=display/id=317.html
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JO, I was there over the Christmas week and the skiing was good and possible to ski down to 1600 and Peisey. Although those lower runs were a bit cut up late on.

Higher up the skiing was excellent.

They seemed to be doing an excellent job with the piste bashers and snow making. As they've had a couple of good falls since then I think you'll be fine
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JO, im also in arc 2000 from this sat, i dont know what to expect, i know they have had a lot of rain in the last few days, and scgb reports are saying icy conditions but getting better later in the day, meteo France is also forecasting snow for friday.
Fingers crossed! Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
davidpratt15 wrote:
JO, im also in arc 2000 from this sat, i dont know what to expect, i know they have had a lot of rain in the last few days, and scgb reports are saying icy conditions but getting better later in the day, meteo France is also forecasting snow for friday.
Fingers crossed! Little Angel

Well it seems as though although it won't be perfect there is still some decent skiing to be had and there is just about enough coverage.
Glad I am staying in 2000 though Smile

There is no point panicking as long as there is some snow it ain't half better than none!!

Thanks for the other replies too snowHead

I'll do a little snowdance and hope Friday brings a big dump
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JO,
Looks like there is some about, but not a lot spare, so please, don't ski it all off - I am out in 1950 a week later!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm in 1800 on the 27th - still time for another dump I hope.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
les arcs was really good over xmas there is definately enough snow cover left to go down to valandry
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'll be in Les Arcs (well Vallandry/Pleisey) on 28th, so even thought it's looking ok at the moment a dump before then would be good.

In case there isn't though would all those snowhead members over there before me be kind enough to nip over to La Plagne and bring some snow back with them? Much appreciated Wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
edde, snow is ok, but need more really. Pop over to the Flying Squirrel Bar in Plan Peisey for a beer and a chat1!
cheers
Will.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
edde,you leave la plagne's snow where it is,i need it from the 27th Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flying_squirrel wrote:
edde, snow is ok, but need more really. Pop over to the Flying Squirrel Bar in Plan Peisey for a beer and a chat1!
cheers
Will.

May just do that Will. Acutally, have sent you a PM with some questions (seeing as you are local). Not sure if it went though, let me know if you didn't get it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
edde, PMs stay in your Outbox until the recipient reads it. Then its in your Sent box
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
No wonder I couldn't see them in my sent box. Wink

IT skills on par with my boarding....
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just back from Les Arcs on Tuesday night - The conditions there are a real credit to the Pisteurs who have managed to open practically every run - Yes the rain hasn't helped down lower but there is some really good snow even in Vallandry which is a bit lower
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy