Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling From One Resort to Another

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son aged 16 will be coming skiing with the rest of the family for the second week of Easter at Vallandry. He's been given the opportunity to go skiing with another group during the first week of Easter at Alpes d'Huez. My question is, is it really feasible for a 16 year old to get from one resort to another on his own with all his gear? I'm up for letting him have a go and he's keen to do it. What do you think?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Marvel, my daughters have done that sort of thing at that sort of age.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll let others who have had children of that age comment, but mechanically - is there a better way than the one which comes to mind for me, which is: Bus to just outside the station (you can check when they run on http://www.transisere.fr/doc_ligne/3020%20NEIGE.pdf ) Then train to Bourg St Maurice (Changing at Chambery). There are regular trains both to Chambery (about 1 hour) and to Bourg from there, so it wouldn't matter if they missed one.

Ed. just reversed it.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 10-01-07 14:24; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball,
It's actually going the other way, but I agree. From Ad'H by bus to Grenoble, train from Grenoble to Chamberey change at Chamberey then train to Landry. Seems simple enough to me but I'm not 16.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was just changing it when you posted.
Oh it's Landry for Vallandry is it - yes of course, that makes sense. I've only stayed at Les Arcs.
Really the only thing is to make sure they get on a train going the right way and get off at Chambery. (Give him a card with the words in French for "Which platform is the train for Chambery / Bourg St Maurice" and "Does this train go to Chambery / Landry").
Is there a local bus from the station? Or taxi wouldn't be that expensive.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 10-01-07 15:17; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Marvel, my kids (then aged 15 and 17) flew from Newcastle to Paris, then travelled overnight by train from Paris to Briancon, crossing Paris by Metro on the way. They even managed to get a decent meal and a couple of beers in between.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Marvel wrote:
My son aged 16 will be coming skiing with the rest of the family for the second week of Easter at Vallandry. He's been given the opportunity to go skiing with another group during the first week of Easter at Alpes d'Huez. My question is, is it really feasible for a 16 year old to get from one resort to another on his own with all his gear? I'm up for letting him have a go and he's keen to do it. What do you think?

yes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Marvel, My daughter made it from Florence to Vallandry when she was 18. He'll love the challenge! Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy