Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

flights...less than happy

Poster: A snowHead
Hmmm booked my easter flights from east mids to geneva last month with bmi for 700 quid as they advised me that prices can only go up as the seats sell. Had a little peek today and they are now at around 400 Confused . The nice guy on the helpdesk said they are having a sale although not advertised and I feel a little let down. Is that par for the course?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ollski, Yes - there are lots of factors involved in selling seats on planes, the prices can vary a bit depending how close to flight date etc.

Best just not to look after booking.

snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I assume you mean £40 and £70? or is there a lot of you travelling? Easyjet did the same to me, starting their sale the day after I booked, fortunately it was only about £5 difference but it's the principle. Good advice re not looking from Sage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
yes, just feel a little mid advised I guess. I wouldn't have looked but I was hoping to book a little cheapie midweek trip and it defaulted to my original search....doh.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swirly wrote:
I assume you mean £40 and £70? or is there a lot of you travelling? Easyjet did the same to me, starting their sale the day after I booked, fortunately it was only about £5 difference but it's the principle. Good advice re not looking from Sage.

Theres a family of four swirly.....still not exactly budget. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, it has been mentioned on here before that if the price of the flight goes down after you book then you can ring up and claim the difference back. I've not tried it myself and it does exclude discounted prices, no doubt the 10mins spent on hold to the call centre would outweigh any savings as well.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FenlandSkier wrote:
Swirly, it has been mentioned on here before that if the price of the flight goes down after you book then you can ring up and claim the difference back. I've not tried it myself and it does exclude discounted prices, no doubt the 10mins spent on hold to the call centre would outweigh any savings as well.

Has anyone done it? as I just phoned up and he said there's nothing they can do....I was hoping to pay the 20 a seat charge to change flights and rebook the cheaper seats, but apparantly you pay any extra charge but don't get refunded any.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ollski, I've had money returned from Easyjet on a flight that has been cheaper, but it's town to Tamsin Conditions again I think.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Easyjet have a price guarantee....but I think they're the only ones. And if it is in an official sale, then it doesn't count!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think you get a voucher off your next flight with Ej, but could be wrong.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
yeah....you get credit that has to be used within the next 6 months (flight booked rather than taken in that time)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BMI baby do not have a price promise -tried it last winter when our flight prices dropped after booking Sad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Doubt if you will get a credit as they are having a "sale". We have successfully claimed on the easyjet price promise after prices dropped for their regular flights.... but my memory is that they do have a clause that excludes their "sales". Playing flights is a bit like the stock market!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I don't see any case for a refund. (ducks below parapet awaiting incoming flak)

Isn't this just like buying someone a Xmas present and then finding it's 50% off in the January sales? Surely (don't call me that!), you pay a price which you're happy with (ie you think it's acceptable) and that's that. It's a bit galling but if the price drops, you've still got what you wanted for a price you considered acceptable.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
supply and demand.. book early and pay up but get the flights you want.. leave it late and get a better deal but run the risk of getting nothing and flights at horrible times.. families usually come off worse in this scenario as they dont have the flexibility to travel seperatly or at unsociable hours and have to book early for the school hols to get favoured hotels etc..
snow conditions
I sympathise with you over the price change but probably feel that Red Leon, has made a good analogy with the January sale. I have Easy flights booked for the 20th Jan and now dare not check to see if they've gone down in price !!!!Just throwing this in the mix I paid £510 inc taxes to fly Heathrow to Zurich with BA 31st Dec to 7th Jan. I thought this was good value, pretty much Easy/Ryanair prices and of course I was not charged for ski's, I can take more kg's/bags on the plane too. For the last couple of years I have almost only looked at budget airlines nutil Opodo came up with the latest deal
snow report
Frosty, Agree that sometimes BA can be the cheapest option. Not skiing this year unfortunately due to DIY obligations but trying to get a cheeky golfing week in Spain in May. Easy Jet, BMI, Ryan Air, et al all want atleast £140 return (off peak midweek) and then only give you 15kg baggage allowance and charge for every piece of checked baggage Shocked . Can get BA (in their January sale if booked before the 23rd) for £102 and get 23kg + golf bag for free...recon I save myself atlest £70 when all costs are added up Toofy Grin
PS could also save an extra £20 if I wanted the 02:30 return flight, but its worth £20 to me to be home & in my own bed asleep rather than hanging around in a Spanish airport with only the cleaners for company Very Happy
snow report
Red Leon wrote:
I don't see any case for a refund. (ducks below parapet awaiting incoming flak)

Isn't this just like buying someone a Xmas present and then finding it's 50% off in the January sales? Surely (don't call me that!), you pay a price which you're happy with (ie you think it's acceptable) and that's that. It's a bit galling but if the price drops, you've still got what you wanted for a price you considered acceptable.

I'm not tight....honestly. It's just that I didn't think the flights were cheap to start with but were all that was available on the date so I made the phone call to customer helpdesk who said the earlier you book the cheaper the price therefore felt pretty much forced to buy at that. Just feel a little misinformed thats all.
snow conditions
thomsonfly did the same to me, and if you read the very small print it does say

Quote:
We reserve the right to increase or decrease fares, at any time, without notice. In the event that a fare decreases after you have made your booking, we are unable to refund any difference between the fare paid and any lower fare, which may subsequently become available.

There are other little things that have made me not use them again. Their T&C is very user unfriendly.
ski holidays
don't try changing your Thomson Fly flights either at £15 (25 euros) per person per sector it's not much of a bargain!! They must be clapping their hands at the lack of snow with mugs like us changing their plans. Not that I'm bitter you understand........
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy