Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne: Vague location of lunch stop

Poster: A snowHead
My sister recently came back from La Plagne and recommended a small on-slope restaurant. I'll be popping out at the end of the month.

I'm wondering if anyone can figure out the name of the place and a more precise location.

She told me something about taking a chair or button behind the big Club Med building and then going down a piste, but before the bottom, nipping off to the side (right, I think - possibly into some trees) to find a real gem of a place, with good food and firepace, etc.

I thought there's bound to be someone here on SnowHeads that recognises where the hell she's talking about.

Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
crosbie, Its called something like Le bon vieux temps. Its at the bottom of the Golf chair off to the right. it is great
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent!

Thanks Frosty the Snowman. Madeye-Smiley

I will be paying it a visit for sure - unless the piste is closed due to lack of snow...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
crosbie, Theres loads of snow out there, my room mate from last year is ski guiding out there now! Lucky so and so!

Le Bon Vieux Temps is lovely- best in the evening- although you do have to walk down the piste! Its fantastic! Had one of our best meals of the season there!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I won't be happy until the roofs of buildings in this webcam are covered in a foot of snow: http://www.trinum.com/ibox/ftpcam/original_MontalbertD.jpg

wink

My first night will be in Longefoy. My first day will start at Montalbert. The rest of the week I'll be in Plagne 1800.

I'd like to avoid starting off on slush... Sad

Glad to hear my sister's recommendation is well supported.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Had one of our best meals of the season there!

Very Happy Good to know of another good on-piste restaurant in LP.
Had our worst ever on piste restaurant meal near Plagne Villages last week. A few seasons ago when it was based on an English pub theme the restaurant was excellent for food, the name has been changed to a girls name now and unfortunately the meals we had at Lunch on Tuesday (7 of us) were all dreadful and the service was as bad. Sad

For those of you who know Plagne, you can see a rope tow from the terrace and they advertise in English on Radio La Plagne Confused

As always all the meals we had in Trappeurs Bar and Restaurant in Montalbert were excellent and I am reliably informed that they serve the best Vin Chaud in the whole area. Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i'll keep an eye out for that one aswell,bring on the 27th snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
notverygoodatskiing, I'm driving out on the 26th myself (for a week).

If you spot a big boarder in black with red hardboots on an old fangled asym snowboard trying to figure out how to carve whilst avoiding millions of grommets, well, that's me. Cool

I've had a word with the powers that be, and they tell me I'd better buy some snow chains... snowHead because otherwise I won't be able to get to Aime, let alone Montalbert. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lets hope the snow chains wont be a waste of money,theres a chance of some decent weather on the way but not this week,until then i dont want to look at the webcams again,think im going to have nightmares 2nite after looking at montalbert.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
notverygoodatskiing,
Quote:

think im going to have nightmares 2nite after looking at montalbert.

That's good cover compared to New Years day when it rained from Midnight until 2pm. Shocked

.......and then turned to snow! Very Happy snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin, Sounds like you ate at La Bergerie (sp) which was a favourite stop. Cracking omlette n chips. Stuff the snow, that IS bad news Very Happy

PS have they re-built Le loup Blanc in 1800?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
crosbie, Its called something like Le bon vieux temps. Its at the bottom of the Golf chair off to the right. it is great

Looks a hassle to get away from afterwards?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
boredsurfin, Sounds like you ate at La Bergerie (sp) which was a favourite stop. Cracking omlette n chips. Stuff the snow, that IS bad news Very Happy

PS have they re-built Le loup Blanc in 1800?

Nah, it's a girls name!
Le loup Blanc hadn't been re-built in October but we didn't go down there over Xmas New Year because the piste bridge from Plagne Centre was closed!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 10-01-07 14:17; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I can recommend another good on slope cafe/bar but only by directions: If you head over the back of the mountains and down the run called kamikazee, cane it fast as you can down the bottom part and straight past the lift along the very very flat track (this is why you want to cane it!) you should come to a halt outside a place that does excellent crepes and hot chocolate.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swirly, Laughing I'm glad I'm not the only one who get's around like that! Laughing
snow report
Swirly, Borselliers!
snow report
Nadenoodlee, sounds right.

boredsurfin, I happen to think my directions are pretty good actually Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Here's what I just saw on the Montalbert web cam I gave the URL to earlier:

(accidentally deleted copy of webcam with spider crawling over lens)

There's a massive 6 foot spider on the piste! Shocked

Perhaps it thinks it's springtime already?

Cool

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 10-01-07 17:41; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
[quote="boredsurfin"]
Quote:
when it was based on an English pub theme the restaurant was excellent for food

Not talking the English pub theme all the way, then.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy