Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Aztec Pro's - Sexy All Mountain Ski....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Scott Aztec Pro's - January 9th 2007 - 15:37pm

Review of Scotts Classic all mountain ski

tested length 175.

Skiing is all about style these days. Great skiers dressed in all-in-one pink suites, wearing a pair of b2’s might as well ski on the nursery slope trying out their snowplough. Having a pair of skis that look the part as well as being responsive, aggressive can hide no end of sins within your ski technique!

Scott Aztec Pro’s are a great example, personally I love the simple understated graphic, yet the true class comes out on their first ride. Scott’s figure of eight design enables you to find your edges easily and aggressively, particularly through the critical part of the turn. Through this shape, Scott can produce a more flexible ski which can carve and cope with off piste just as well as its stiffer competitors. On the flip side to this the flexibility enables a predominately piste skier to enter the park and have confidence that his skis will step up to the challenge. However if you live in the park skier, don’t buy these skis. There is no question that this ski is for the gutsy intermediate and more predominately the advance skier. Really worth a try, and would recommend a purchase if they match your ability, budget and style of skiing.

Scott you have done well for yourself!!

Skis that I would also look at if I was interest in Aztec Pro's are:

K2 Men's Seth Vicious Skis -

Range of skis from Liberty - all mountain skis - very nice!

More reviews to follow on my website at http://people.bath.ac.uk/tjd20
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lovethepiste wrote:

Skiing is all about style these days. Great skiers dressed in all-in-one pink suites, wearing a pair of b2’s might as well ski on the nursery slope trying out their snowplough. Having a pair of skis that look the part as well as being responsive, aggressive can hide no end of sins within your ski technique!

WTF??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You do have to be really careful with the Aztecs, though, to make sure you put them on the correct feet. If you get them wrong then the design of the graphics goes to pot and it completely f**ks up your skiing style and they no longer look the part. Same as with the Crossmax V range amongst others - if they're on the wrong feet you look stupid.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lovethepiste wrote:

Leave it out there's nowt wrong with my pink one piece and you know it. Better to be a wolf in sheeps clothing than the other way round is what I say.

lovethepiste wrote:
However if you live in the park, don’t buy these skis.

I used to live in St Mary's Park but the warden kicked me out - would these skis still work for me?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think the better you are, the more of a dick you can afford to look. I'm not that good, so I have to look good Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
petemillis wrote:
You do have to be really careful with the Aztecs, though, to make sure you put them on the correct feet. If you get them wrong then the design of the graphics goes to pot and it completely f**ks up your skiing style and they no longer look the part. Same as with the Crossmax V range amongst others - if they're on the wrong feet you look stupid.

The Missions are the same.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I demoed the aztec pro last year,

I only had one run, and for the most part they were fun and fast. However on a couple of turns (on fairly hard piste) they got a weird chatter thing going on. On one particular turn I though they were going to throw me off the piste!

Possibly user error, but I have seen some other references to the same behaviour. I imagine if you own them you would get to know when they were likely to do it, or adjust technique so they stop.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had similar few experiences, and never felt I put full force into my turns when on icy pistes. but as for most part they were an awesome ride, and maybe it was just my style of skiing......agreed not the best ski on hardpack/ice... but still love'em
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fragglerock wrote:
I demoed the aztec pro last year,

I only had one run, and for the most part they were fun and fast. However on a couple of turns (on fairly hard piste) they got a weird chatter thing going on. On one particular turn I though they were going to throw me off the piste!

Possibly user error, but I have seen some other references to the same behaviour. I imagine if you own them you would get to know when they were likely to do it, or adjust technique so they stop.

Having ridden my pair for two and a half years that's not a problem I've ever encountered. It could, however, be due to my...errrrr...manliness...

Anyway, given that the original Aztec Pros have a navy blue top sheet with no graphics (well, the word "Scott" doesn't really count - anyway, I do wonder if he wants his skis back)...I digress...then graphics aren't a problem.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Awesome on anything but ice, I found. If you get them on the wrong feet they turn the wrong way Twisted Evil
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy